Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the first time.

Also managed to wash with meguires gold class. Put some super resin polish on, then waxed with meguires ultimate liquid wax. Really pleased with the results!

Hopefully some pictures will have attached, doing this on my phone!
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Another pic
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,471 Posts
Looks great buddy! Snow foam looks good fun. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,610 Posts
I want snow foam! Looking great good job.

I'm hoping for good weather tomorrow so I can clay bar then try out some Poorboys Black Hole and Natty Wax.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The snowfoam was awesome. You can tell it got a lot off as when using the mitt afterwards there were hardly any suds. Meaning a nice smooth surface.

Definitely will continue to use as was more confident I wasn't doing as much damage to the paint as I would have without it.

Pic attached of close up of the paint, really chuffed as there were swirls everywhere, as I hadn't polished/waxed it in ages. It was almost looking dull. I'm going to clay and use compound next time, but this will do for a few months!
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,782 Posts
Yeah etna is a nightmare for swirls. i bought a meguires DA microfiber polisher system which sorted those out.

When people say a wax is only 10% and the preparation is the other 90% is totally true. it takes all day to do prkperly but soo worth it. Poorboys black hole is good but only temp fix in my eyes.

Started using some swisvax products and they are fab. the autobahn wheel wax will change your life...

Snow foam looks cool. going to get myself one soon.

Good job thou mate looks good. cant beat etna in the sun when proper clean, nothibg comes close
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Picked the snowfoam gun up for £45 on cleanyourcar, really well made bit of kit so chuffed with the price.

Thanks for the tip about the autobahn, been looking for a product like that.

My next big purchase will be the meguires DA kit. If we had longer stints of better weather I would have bought it long ago, but I have been content until now with waxing over the swirls on the few sunny days we get.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,782 Posts
I have tried loads of wheel waxes and wheel seal kit but all were pretty rubbish. this autobahn really does the job. when i wash my car now its almost as simple as hosing off my wheels, the brake dust comes straight off.

The DA meguires kit os worth every penny. it really works well. what i would suggest as well as all the other pre treatments like pre wash and clay, use a good polish residue solvent after the polish stage before the finish wax. Removes the dust from the polish to prepare the paint
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Good choice, I have tried loads but always go back to the Valet Pro PH Neutral.. I agree re the DA also. The Sonus kit works a treat on Alfa Red :cool:
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top