Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yep, mentioned on the other "snow" thread but just one inch of snow here in Blackpool yesterday but schools closed before lunchtime (by which time it had stopped snowing anyway), 100% of schools closed today, and at one point it was the only place in the north of England whose airport was closed according to the news despite almost entirely missing the worst of the weather. Pathetic.
i remember the last time it snowed badly in Blackpool, was '96 i believe, no one knew what to do, the whole place ground to a halt, mind you it was pretty severe for Blackpool

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
We've had about 6/7 inches of snow but that started falling the night before last and had stopped by mid-day and yes the school was closed :rolleyes: BUT the school was open today from 10 which IMO I think is brill - it gives people more time to get there and theres no need to rush, they plan on doing the same tomorrow too :D Still had people complaining tho :rolleyes:
We went shopping yesterday just for the basics/weekly shop and most of the neighbours were out front messing in the snow, when Mr. Moo aka Pat went out to ready the bella he came back in and said they were looking at him like he was some crazy fool and whispering :lol: Life goes on, its only a bit of snow. As someone said earlier in the thread when I was at school the only reason for it closing was when the heating packed up. Apparently there will be more snow at the weekend!

·
Registered
764 Posts
i remember the last time it snowed badly in Blackpool, was '96 i believe, no one knew what to do, the whole place ground to a halt, mind you it was pretty severe for Blackpool
Yes pretty much the same now I guess, not a lot of snow in fact but what there was has frozen over and, well you can guess the rest. As you say the main problem around here is nobody knows what to do. I'm fed up of driving behind people doing 10mph or less on the gritted roads that are simply just wet during the day. :rolleyes:

The difference in '96 is it was all gone within a day or two.

Many of the main A roads still haven't been done although I heard on the news today that A roads and above are down to the Highways Agency to maintain, anything below that are down to the council. If that's the case then the council haven't gritted anything at all.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
tuesday when the bad snow came I went to the big Tescos as I had intended to anyway as it was the day for a shop, bought a normal weeks worth and it was soooo much easier as the shop was empty of people, only hassel was getting back out the carpark but a nice man gave me a push and once the car was rolling there was no stopping me

21 - 26 of 26 Posts