Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) Well there is no sex, but ive been putting the old girl through her paces in the snow,and i must say im very impressed with her handling.(She was like a sled being pulled by huskies) Its my first f/w/d car and i evan passed a landrover that was struggling up the hill, going to work yesterday.i was smirking to myself much to his displeasure...Top marks for my 156...anyone got any storys of fun in the SNOW or am i the only one whos had a good experiance:cheese:

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have got to say my 156 JTD was rubbish. Just span the wheel whatever gear I was in.

Too much Torque I suppose even at idle.

·
Registered
222 Posts
My JTD wasn't that bad just gently set off and then put her in 2nd and let her crawl along. With GSD3's on each corner I was expecting to be slithering all over the place.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Nothing good about my drive home tonight :( Solihull got hit by some unexpected snow & almost ground to a halt. I nearly slithered into the back of a Ka :eek:

Plenty of other crashes, abondoned cars etc. inc. an Audi S3 adorning the back of a Mondeo.

The main A45 was aslo terrible and very difficult to keep moving on where the road inclines :(

ABS, EBA, EBD, VDC, ASR & MSR are all well and good as long as there's some grip :rolleyes:

Dunlop SP sport 2000e's are not good snow tyres either :lol:

Home now, thankfully!!!

Cheers,

·
Registered
222 Posts
Spoke too soon didn't I? The drive home was a nightmare just sod all grip even on slight inclines TC light was flasing like mad at just 5mph, and even getting sideways on main roads with the slush. :eek:

In the end I decided to just dump the car in a side street and go back and pick her up later, when it was quiet when I could make progress rather then stop start all the time. Goodyear Eagles and snow don't mix at all.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Leaving the snow alone and not gritting it is better than partially frozen slush. See my recent pics of fun in the snow (they are pending at the mo) but little miss behaved impeccably! No torque steer, ASR only cutting in occasionally.

That road had been gritted at 5 the previous night (ish) but has next to no traffic on it overnight, literally. Frozen snow at least has some grip, slush and ice - none.

The usual happened then i see - people (herr Audi) dont just slow down a bit and keep the gaps between themselves. Suppose we get more practice here - 4wd's go out in drifting snow for some fun here!

·
Registered
433 Posts
i love drifting - i had an old nail of a carlton rwd which was serious fun in the snow and i didnt care if i whacked a kerb or 2 or 3 or 4. i used to turn about 50m b4 the bend and slide sidewards into the bend - oh what fun - still wishing i was a rally driver

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i love drifting - i had an old nail of a carlton rwd which was serious fun in the snow and i didnt care if i whacked a kerb or 2 or 3 or 4. i used to turn about 50m b4 the bend and slide sidewards into the bend - oh what fun - still wishing i was a rally driver
i used to have a carlton 2.0ltr now that was pants in the snow banged one of me allys up:cry:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts