Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've had some pretty odd weather recently, which has resulted in some pretty odd Alfa behavior. It's all nothing serious, but I thought I'd share my observations:

1:
It's pretty good on the snow. The anti-skid light is really useful and it lets you know if you're driving too fast.

2:
When it's really cold, the car thinks that one of my headlight bulbs is out.

3:
The windows get really confused. Sometimes the car thinks they are open when they aren't. I reckon this is caused by the "initial drop" when you open the doors (see below). Sometimes the windows ice up and it can't perform the drop which causes confusion.

4:
I had to be rescued by a friend with a can of de-icer on Thursday morning, as the doors wouldn't open!

5:
You can get two full-size xmas trees in the boot.

I've had the GT for quite a while now and I'm happy to say it's a joy to drive and to own. I pretty much bore everyone I meet when they express even the slightest interest.

·
Registered
296 Posts
good lad.
keep de icer in the boot. Spray the window rubber with de icer first. this helps the window drop.
works for me anyway

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I get the MCSF-alarm when it´s too cold, but I hadn´t figured out that the "right side light failure" might be of the same nature! Will wait to replace anything before it gets less cold.

Additions:

6. My wing mirrors don´t move when I try to adjust them in the cold

7. The thermometer sits in the wing mirror, which is heated... And yes, the temperature rises 3-5 centigrades in 20 km. Have had the mirror replaced, but it´s an Alfa feature.

8. Had to bend the door for petrol refill open with my car key yesterday

Gotta love it :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts