Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Has anyone fitted 15" wheels to their GT so they can drive on snow chains??

**NAME DROP ALERT**
I have to drive to Monte Carlo next week to do the ice pace notes for a friend who's doing the WRC Monte Carlo Rally and I need to be able to fit chains to my GT.......
**END NAME DROP ALERT**

So, my owner's manual tells me I can stick 15" wheels on... does anyone know the ET of the alloys so I can buy some spares?? Or anyone know if alloys from another model fit?

Help gratefully received, thank you
Cat

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ET 35 on a GT

FYI later 156 manuals allowed 9mm chains on 16" 205/55R16, don't know why the 147 & GT manuals didn't get that update.
That's interesting and gives me more options.
I was wondering if the wheels off my GTV would fit as I think they are 15 inch (the car is at work) I will check tomorrow

Thanks for the info :)

·
Registered
30,081 Posts
That's interesting and gives me more options.
I was wondering if the wheels off my GTV would fit as I think they are 15 inch (the car is at work) I will check tomorrow
They will fit.
GTV are usually ET30, so 5mm further out.

L

·
0 Posts
when i said ET = 40.5 i was referring to the ET of Alfa 15" alloys as used on a 156

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
update - Turns out the GTV has 17 inch wheels, so I had a look on fleabay and found four 15 inch rims off a 156 for £60. Steal.

They are not immaculate but I am not really bothered how they look, after all the point of them is that they will get used in horrible snowy weather/ on gritted roads in the winter only, so they would only get messed up in any case!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hello Cat, Sorry only just noticed this thread (you've probably been and gone now!) but here is my experience just in case:

Like you I bought some steel wheels off Ebay that were described as Alfa/Fiat 15". They were marked up 6J - 15 (6"wide) ET35 and I got the impression from the vendor they were off a GTV? They fitted on the GT OK but I was a bit concerned that the clearance to the calipers was a bit tight so fitted 5mm alloy wheel spacers and slightly longer studs. Also bought 4 new Avon Ice Touring winter tyres 195/60-15 on Ebay for £270! Been running them since November and were a huge improvement in the recent snow over my old 18" Pirellis.

Found a set of 4 15" genuine Alfa wheel trims to tidy everything up (Ebay!).
Have used them with a set of RUD Centrax (again bought S/H on Ebay and no fiddling behind the wheel). Also tried these out in the recent snow.

Hope that helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts