Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Twinny went in for a service last week, with special attention to trying to figure out where this cold hesitaion, slight missfire is coming from..

Found one of the coil packs has burst, the plug holes were full of water, all of the plugs were showing sighs of rust and one of the little ones snapped as they tried to take it out... damm it, they tried everything but now the head has to come off... O and it needs new brakes all round...

O and so does the Beast, Vented & Drilled discs all the way round... sigh

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Seems a bit strange that both motors need new discs all round are they warped or badly corroded :confused:

If it`s coz there down to their minimum thickness i would leave them coz thats just a selling point a lot places use for getting more out of you and there`s usually plenty of life left in them

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They get all pattened, the pads start to fit the disc's so you carnt put new pads on any longer... need new front wishys too ive been told...

The V6 has the worst brakes ive ever had in a car... also the fastes car ive ever had... maybe i need to push harder or suammt

·
Registered
106 Posts
My TD 2.5 has the same brakes as the V6 and they are outstanding good now. When I bought the car they were a pain in the ass. With Bradi discs, ATE pads and a change of the muck that has once been brake fluid everything was fine.

grtz

amir

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
FKcream if the discs surfaces are just starting to bevel/or look a bit like a record then they should still be ok as the new pads will wear into them within a couple of hundred miles wink

However if your definately changing em and there just gonna get thrown out can i have the old discs off the V6 ????? wink :p

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nah there like a mountin range, the grooves are wearing out on the disc's, there shot + they have these daft autodelta race pads on at £250 quid for the front set.... totally daft for raod use

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually FK, I do have a picture of your car on a race track somewhere eek! . That'll be what the mad brakes are for.

Can you believe the guy who owned it before Ian Spring wanted so much money !!!! He ended up trading it in for a Vectra apparently !!!

Marlon

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have an car mag that featured the car on silverstone race circuit, they did a big feature on it...

given that he spent 30k to buy it and heaven knnows how much since, i would have thought he wanted to get his money back !! hehe

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
fkcream:
Nah there like a mountin range, the grooves are wearing out on the disc's,
That would`nt really matter as there bound to be better than the discs that are on mine at the moment :rolleyes: eek!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts