Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never had this happen to me before in any car I have owned but my door handle has just snapped. I never use force so not sure whats happened.

Looked online and there around £40 but are aftermarket and something about plastic welds need drilling out to make them fit? :titanic: Better to look at a scrap yard for a complete door card? Do the door cards differ between spec?

Attachments

·
Registered
32,224 Posts
The doortrims are generally all black with a vinyl insert. Only exceptions are the ones with tan leatherette to match the optional leather seats and the later ones where inserts are carbon grain effect.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The doortrims are generally all black with a vinyl insert. Only exceptions are the ones with tan leatherette to match the optional leather seats and the later ones where inserts are carbon grain effect.
The more I think about it I will try and attempt to fit the stronger replacement door handle, I have kept my car perfect and dont feel like putting a second door card on haha!!

Is this a common issue? The fact alfaworkshop have publised a guide seems so :disappointed:

·
Registered
32,224 Posts
There’s a hilarious crashed door trim from a 2016 on eBay that claims to be in good used condition!
£120 and seriously ruined.
It did remind me there’s another permutation: Bose badged speaker grille

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There’s a hilarious crashed door trim from a 2016 on eBay that claims to be in good used condition!
�120 and seriously ruined.
It did remind me there’s another permutation: Bose badged speaker grille

Yeah ive just seen this? The one all cracked haha!!

Looks like its going to be a weekend job. You have to lower the window to open the door, will not be a good look.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yeah ive just seen this? The one all cracked haha!!

Looks like its going to be a weekend job. You have to lower the window to open the door, will not be a good look.
Similar thing happened to me.. the cable latch on the handle broke off clean.. and I keep making sure onlookers see nothing..lol .. what a joke.. the whole panel needs replacement.. they trying to defund me.. will try the aftermarket approach..

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32,224 Posts
There are threads on this subject. The most recent mentions the offer from Alfa to replace the lever. I’m not sure of the terms.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The more I think about it I will try and attempt to fit the stronger replacement door handle, I have kept my car perfect and dont feel like putting a second door card on haha!!

Is this a common issue? The fact alfaworkshop have publised a guide seems so :disappointed:
I have a 2013 which I have owned from 6 months old. Earlier this year drivers door one broke same as your photo.Bought a replacement from Alfaworkshop seem to remember it being around 60 pounds fitted it using there instructions and some videos on you tube were also useful. Unbelievably 3weeks later the passenger door release went the same way another package from Alfa workshop purchased the only good part it was very fresh in the mind how to do it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Next repair on my list for my wife's Giulietta. I need to order the part from Alfaworkshop.

The replacement part for the whole thing from the dealer around 500 euro. I ll settle with just the handle from Alfaworkshop and go through the procedure by myself

·
Super Moderator
86,108 Posts
Reparatursatz für Türöffner /Türgriff innen rechts - Alfa Romeo Shop - Tuning, Styling, Fanartikel und Modellautos €43

Stated in past that it is genuine, from that I presume from the original Italian manufacturer, I did have their details and how to do it in a previous post but cannot find it now. Alibaba list them from Taiwan at $10 each but bought in lots of 10 or more.
This post perhaps https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-giulietta/1128722-internal-passenger-door-handle-snapped-off.html#post16815466 ?

The link no longer works though.

·
Super Moderator
86,108 Posts

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
That's my post and I looked there too! Only excuse is I'm recovering from noro virus, came on suddenly and not a pleasant experience either.
Ive been wondering if it is worth getting a spare door release lever just in case.

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
I've ordered a right hand front lever via Aliexpress at £23. I'll report back on apparent quality and how long it takes to be delivered when it arrives. It is not required at the moment so is going to be a spare 'just in case'.

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
Update.
Spare door release handle arrived today. Appears to be of good quality and the arm that breaks has reinforcing webs but I would need to compare with one that has broken. Made by HU in Taiwan which ought not be a problem as I've bought genuine spares that are labelled 'Made in Chins' so shouldn't be any different.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts