Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a lovely picnic in the park with the family and friends today. Pushing my little girl on the swings and what can I smell?

Yes there is a fat cow behind me with a pushchair puffing away.

Its an effing childrens playground FFS. You might want to give your own children cancer but gives you the right to pollute the air my family are breathing.

Yes fresh air doesn't belong to anyone but I don't generally pollute the air around me except for the the obvious vehicle emissions.

I wouldn't care but I'm probably paying for her cigarettes out of my taxes.

And don't get started with the smoking ban. Why do I have to die of cancer every time I enter or leave a public building?

H

·
0 Posts
Lets just ban everything, since there'll always be somebody getting upset about something or other.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Had a lovely picnic in the park with the family and friends today. Pushing my little girl on the swings and what can I smell?

Yes there is a fat cow behind me with a pushchair puffing away.

Its an effing childrens playground FFS. You might want to give your own children cancer but gives you the right to pollute the air my family are breathing.

Yes fresh air doesn't belong to anyone but I don't generally pollute the air around me except for the the obvious vehicle emissions.

I wouldn't care but I'm probably paying for her cigarettes out of my taxes.

And don't get started with the smoking ban. Why do I have to die of cancer every time I enter or leave a public building?
I agree with the fascist, just how many times will he have to die of cancer before something is done? :cheese:

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
Had a lovely picnic in the park with the family and friends today. Pushing my little girl on the swings and what can I smell? :thumbs:

Yes there is a fat cow behind me with a pushchair puffing away. :tut:

Its an effing childrens playground FFS. You might want to give your own children cancer but gives you the right to pollute the air my family are breathing. :thumbs:

Yes fresh air doesn't belong to anyone but I don't generally pollute the air around me except for the the obvious vehicle emissions. :confused:

I wouldn't care but I'm probably paying for her cigarettes out of my taxes. :confused: big brush, lots of tar (excuse the pun)

And don't get started with the smoking ban. Why do I have to die of cancer every time I enter or leave a public building? :confused:

J

·
0 Posts
consideration is something that seems to be lacking in a lot of aspects of todays life.....

It does bug me when leaving a building that i have to walk through a wall of smoke, that said as someone who used to smoke i understand how powerful that addiction is and the impact it has on lives...

This argument will rage on whist there are people who smoke, and if there wasn't then as HST has said we would find something else to comment/get upset on....

I dislike it when my daughter is in a smoky environment, but then i use it to an advantage, she doesn't like the smell so i point out that this smell is a by-product of smoking, this in turn will hopefully ensure she doesn't smoke when she is older. I am not turning here against those who smoke, but the action of smoking itself, when she is old enough to understand then i will explain how i used to smoke and how i struggled to give it up and how much it used to cost me....

Live and let live

·
Super Moderator
44,774 Posts
Jay has hit the nail on the head - consideration.

Of course a ban shouldn't be put in place - but anyone with a modicum of manners would avoid smoking around children anyway. Unfortunately too many do not have that. But attempting to legislate for that just results in putting out the nice people, while the ******s carry on doing their selfish best to make everyone elses life a little bit worse in any way they can find.

N

·
0 Posts
It does bug me when leaving a building that i have to walk through a wall of smoke,

Yeah a bit annoying, but pretty sure that will change as the UK adopts
the kind of laws/rules that the US now has. (No smoking within X feet of
a building entrance. No smoking whilst standing still on a pavement. etc.)
The UK loves copying the US in respect of these things.

Not too bothered by smokers. Just so long as they don't smoke
in my home and they stop milling around outside their/my place of work
strewing their fag butts around and making the place look unprofessional.

I'll also add into the mix (and be prepared for a roasting) that
I'm not at all convinced by the passive smoking argument for
smoking bans etc. [Flame On!]

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I have recently quit and i agree its not pleasent walking thru a door way where everyone is smoking, but i accept it as i used to do it.
I heard a interesting fact a while ago, the tax from ciggarettes is nearly double the amount that the nhs gets annually, so if the goverment wanted a complete ban on smoking it would be on its knees, and looking for more ways to fund this debt ridden country. The same about alcohol - i read in the sun about people complaining about the amount drunks cost A&E, same can be said again the tax on alcohol more then pays the cost that the NHS has to spend treating drunks, and also the cost for the police.
If smoking and alcohol where invented today then they would of both been banned.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't recall ever stating or suggesting that smoking should be banned. I probably was over-reacting but you don't expect to have to inhale smoking fumes on a childrens playground.

The point I was trying to make is that my actions generally don't impact on others when I am out in public and yet smokers can just light up whenever they want and most don't care who has to inhale the unpleasant fumes.

V

·
0 Posts
irrc the childrens playground in shrewsbury town centre (quarry) is no smoking, you have to go and stand the otherside of the air tight metal fence :rolleyes:

i think that maybe kids playgrounds should be non smoking regardless of your views on the effects of passive smoking you don't want the place littered with ciggy butts that kids will inevitably pick up.

all this talk of smoking where's dermo :thumbs: ciggy time :D

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes, apart from in pubs, restaraunts, cinemas, shops, their place of work, their company car, on public transport, and indeed in any public building.

Apart from that, yes they can light up wherever they want :lol:

Meanwhile Mr sootmobile is spewing out carcinogenic particulates driving his kids to school.
Yeah but MY child is safely in the car so thats ok.:lol:

E

·
0 Posts
Just walk up to her, **** your *** cheek up and let rip. An eye for an eye.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts