1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
270 Posts
Has anybody got any experience with this company, I found this ATF for the qtronic gearbox

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ATF-JWS-3309-Toyota-ATF-T-IV-T1V-Aisin-Warner-Automatic-Transmission-Fluid-20L/302044203216?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Specifications are for the aisin warner box and half the price of mobil/fuchs/tutella

and at that price I could change the ATF yearly
I haven't used it persay but for £4.40 per litre it's a bargain!

I've used Westway lubricants but that's £7.99 per litre.

Don't be nervous about buying cheap stuff as far as ATF is concerned. It isn't as critical as oil choice and the specific requirements aren't as loose in the quality in engine oils.
The Q tronic box isn't anything special, neither was the Q system in the 156, both Aisin and both bullet proof... Just make sure you can get the filler plug off before thinking of draining it... Plenty of owners do the opposite and end up with the fallout! Lol

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
have been studying how to do the change for a while, people make it sound really complicated but it looks no harder than an oil change. (except my oil drain plug is absolutely solid so i have to pump the oil out through the dipstick) dont want to risk stripping the thread. Last oil change i tried a 4' breaker bar and it didnt budge

·
Registered
270 Posts
have been studying how to do the change for a while, people make it sound really complicated but it looks no harder than an oil change. (except my oil drain plug is absolutely solid so i have to pump the oil out through the dipstick) dont want to risk stripping the thread. Last oil change i tried a 4' breaker bar and it didnt budge
It's easy enough Simon, there is a video on YouTube for the same TF80-SC Volvo gearbox that explains fully how to part flush it in stages, very informative. I used an infrared temperature gun to get the fresh atf fluid to the optimum final fluid level check. The top filler plug doesn't even need the battery or the tray to be removed as long as you have a long enough extension bar... Any probs let me know and I'll walk you through it mate but it's easy enough for even the basic mechanical minded person. Link below.
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=#&ved=0ahUKEwjoit3l5NTbAhWCesAKHRAXBFUQxa8BCCcwAQ&usg=AOvVaw0VTJzWxrN8ZFOD4xbU2nov

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I use Smith & Allan oils on my Vintage Camper, I’ve had EP90 Gear Oil, 20w50 Engine Oil and their version of WD40. All in 5ltr containers ... never had a problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts