Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My GTV has been at our local garage for about 8 weeks as were waiting for a new helicoil set to fix a leak in my sump drain plug.
The sump drain plug has been overtightened at some point and i hadn't realised thats where the car was leaking from. ( mind you its not totally sorted as there is still a damp patch on the drive this morning - any thoughts??)
As they had the car I got them to do a full service, new plugs and check brakes and do a 'mock' MOT to check out the suspension and steering .
Well its funny but in 8 weeks I had forgotten what a fantastic car this is to drive and when I picked it up I ended up doing a 55 mile trip even though i only live 3 miles away!!
Its like J Clarkson said on Top Gear - some cars you just cannot park up and leave. You just have to get back in and drive them again. This is one of those cars, it puts a smile on your face when you drive it.
What a great start to 2010!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Tell me about it! since getting the gtv i think i'm losing the use of my legs and seem to dream up any exscuse just to drive the thing. And i haven't even talked about how she looks yet. Here's to many miles in 2010:)

·
Registered
12,872 Posts
Know what you mean, I am trying to get members in Northants and Beds to meet, and Cambs isn't any further, so watch out for any development.........:HAPPY:

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
odyssey, i am in shefford(not far from bedford) so if you sort out any impromptu meets anytime give me a shout! :thumbs:

·
Registered
12,872 Posts
odyssey, i am in shefford(not far from bedford) so if you sort out any impromptu meets anytime give me a shout! :thumbs:
include milton keynes please mate.
Well thats 3, as soon as weather improves, getting sick of cleaning my car and 10 miles later it looks filthy again...:(...even if its a lay-by buttie bar....:p....would be great to meet local members.......:thumbs:

are you going to the Epsom meet, I'm going the Oxford services route...:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts