Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took the GTA out for a drive as i found a spare 30 quid :). Haven't driven it for well over a month. Even had to jump it. It looked a bit sad covered in leaves when i went to my parents to get it. I feel bad I had to leave for so long. I certainly will not do that again. Anyway I took it for a good 30mile blast am picked up some shopping which i found all over the boot when I got home.
I have been driving the wifes cooper s which I have been moaning about for weeks cause it slow hehe. After the drive 2nite the mini feels like a 1litre fiesta haha.
Just thought I'd share some joys of a good drive on a great car.
Gotta love the GTA :)

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
Good to see you get to enjoy it now and again.

I drove mine back from London yesterday and got over 30MPG for most of the journey. I drive pretty sedately most of the time, but I always forget I have a nuclear bomb under my right foot... and don't get my started about the sound....

G

·
Gotta love the GTA indeed. GTAs are great for a long cruise as well, glad you had no issueson your journey Joe!

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
211 Posts
i have been essentially using my GTA as a daily driver. Only work a couple of miles away, and normal roads, no fast driving possible.

In these continual sedate journeys, in a way, I almost forget the power of the GTA. Today I noticed that the accelaration is fantastic even at 20% throttle!...I rarely get to experience a full throttle drive.

Anyway, getting another car as a commuter to manchester now (from leeds). therefore, the GTA will rest up most of the winter and certainly no driving in the snow.

Once I have new front tyres and braided brake hoses, and a new undertray, I will get it to the track to really get to know the car.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Drive mine at 9/10's every day. Currently averaging 20.3mpg :-( or should that be :). If it doesn't get near the red line every day then it feels neglected.... Keep thinking I'd like a change of car, but then I really couldn't part with the GTA. More the worry that if I sold then I might want it back....

It is amazing how a car gets under your skin. I used to change my car at least twice a year until I got the Alfa, and that was 3 years ago. My nephew (aged 11) is just starting to get interested in cars and his favourite brand at the moment is predictably Audi. I keep trying to educate him about the error in his ways, but when I try and explain to him why I love my "old" Alfa, I just cannot explain it rationally. On paper they are pretty rubbish. Thirsty, high maintenance, not the fastest, no led running lights(!) Etc etc. Mind you he did love it when I picked him up from school and gave it good rev in front of his mates. Felt a bit chavtastit and lots of disaproving looks from other parents - but the kids loved it!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Drive mine from home (Derbyshire) to Poland (near Wroclaw) and it flies , getting mid 20's .
Lovely to drive and soooo much a nice place to be ! .
All laid up for the winter now ,cannot wait for next summer!..

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Drive mine at 9/10's every day. Currently averaging 20.3mpg :-( or should that be :). If it doesn't get near the red line every day then it feels neglected.... Keep thinking I'd like a change of car, but then I really couldn't part with the GTA. More the worry that if I sold then I might want it back....

It is amazing how a car gets under your skin. I used to change my car at least twice a year until I got the Alfa, and that was 3 years ago. My nephew (aged 11) is just starting to get interested in cars and his favourite brand at the moment is predictably Audi. I keep trying to educate him about the error in his ways, but when I try and explain to him why I love my "old" Alfa, I just cannot explain it rationally. On paper they are pretty rubbish. Thirsty, high maintenance, not the fastest, no led running lights(!) Etc etc. Mind you he did love it when I picked him up from school and gave it good rev in front of his mates. Felt a bit chavtastit and lots of disaproving looks from other parents - but the kids loved it!
They were probably all Audi lovers too!

·
Registered
646 Posts
Ha ha quality! Yep the Gta does get under your skin, and you can't shake it off! I don't think I could part with mine, if you are ever in doubt, just go for a spin in it, it will make you keep it! That's what I do, love it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts