Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ya'll, can someone help, i seem to be getting a smell inside my cabin when stationery, it's not there when driving. Switch the fan off and i can't smell it, put the cabin filters on and i can't smell it. It smells like oil burning. Its on my 166 Busso

·
Registered
913 Posts
I had a similar issue on my previous V6. Oil was dripping on the downpipes, so everytime I stopped I could smell it inside the cabin. As expected, when driving the fumes could not reach the cabin because they were pushed back by the "wind".

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a similar issue on my previous V6. Oil was dripping on the downpipes, so everytime I stopped I could smell it inside the cabin. As expected, when driving the fumes could not reach the cabin because they were pushed back by the "wind".
Where was it dripping from? I don't appear to be losing oil

·
Registered
913 Posts
Where was it dripping from? I don't appear to be losing oil
Do not remember correctly, but most likely it was a leak between engine and oil sump. Lift the car up and have it checked, it would be the easiest way to diagnose where your problems are coming from.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Do not remember correctly, but most likely it was a leak between engine and oil sump. Lift the car up and have it checked, it would be the easiest way to diagnose where your problems are coming from.
I have experienced the same. Found a small pit of power steering fluid on top of the steering rack. Difficult to spot, and started to smell burnt only when the engine was really hot. Could barely see the smoke when the fluid evaporites. Experienced only at idle.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have experienced the same. Found a small pit of power steering fluid on top of the steering rack. Difficult to spot, and started to smell burnt only when the engine was really hot. Could barely see the smoke when the fluid evaporites. Experienced only at idle.
I'll check it out

1 - 6 of 6 Posts