Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had the misfortune to bump my lovely motor ... muppet in front pulled to the left... I moved to right go round him then he decided to make a swift uturn

Admiral in my insurer...not sure what they have to say as yet.... But anyone recommend a place for body repair - Im in NW London - They may well impose a repairer on me...

Cardriving fine - but damage to front wing headlamp assembly and bumper

:(

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Unlucky mate, there are some pleb drivers out there, iirc you can get your car repaired wherever you want to, you don't have to use the insurers authorised repair centre, although often it can be more convenient as courtesy cars and other benefits will all be easily sorted.

Sometimes they are bloody good,as I found out when some muppet went into the back of me in my old 147 last christmas :(

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
I contacted the local Alfa garage and asked them where they had their bodywork done when I need the bumper replacing. Went and had a look round and they seemed pretty good.

Just a suggestion.

·
Premium Member
7,045 Posts
Just had the misfortune to bump my lovely motor ... muppet in front pulled to the left... I moved to right go round him then he decided to make a swift uturn

Admiral in my insurer...not sure what they have to say as yet.... But anyone recommend a place for body repair - Im in NW London - They may well impose a repairer on me...

Cardriving fine - but damage to front wing headlamp assembly and bumper

:(
I have a body shop we use that are very good and they will also take on the legal fight with both the insurance companies and make sure you get the result you want.

Give me a PM or a call and I can point you in the right direction and make sure you get looked after.

Ned

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
- They may well impose a repairer on me..
No, I'm with Admiral and all they need is two quotations from garages of your choice. I got a new bootlid done on my car recently, and I chose two dealers. They went with the cheapest estimate which in reality was probably the most expensive option as they had excluded labour !!

Only thing to note is if you go with your own garage, you won't get a courtesy car but that didn't bother me.

Alan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts