Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving the other night when I heard a bang on the side of my car. I got out and couldn't see anything other than a group of hoodies on the road side.

The next day, in daylight, I noticed that the offside side skirt was cracked from an impact and there was red brick dust on the damage. Don't want to claim on my insurance so I now have to decide whether it is repairable which will require a paint job or whether I can get one from someone breaking a car...... ideally in my colour.

Anyone with an offside side skirt for sale for a 2001 51 plate 156 2.0 TS Veloce please let me know..... especially if it is black.

More than annoyed!

·
Registered
8,918 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks....... had a quick look but doesn't seem to have any side skirts. I will keep his details in my favourites for the future.

·
Banned
7,679 Posts
There is a company in Dagnall - Bedfordshire, that should be able to repair it for under 200 with the respray....don't have the details to hand but if you're interested will find out :)

Chris

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chris, I'm going to pop round to the independant Alfa chap I use to see what he thinks. If I need the deatils I will let you know... thanks

·
Banned
7,679 Posts
Chris, I'm going to pop round to the independant Alfa chap I use to see what he thinks. If I need the deatils I will let you know... thanks
Ok chap - they did my rear bumper - thought would need a new one they used some special plastic filler :confused: but the job they did was top notch can not find where it was damaged...they also came and collected the car and brought it back ....excellent service :)

Anyway....found it

Smarter Solutions

Unit 2, Dagnall Road,
Luton,
DUNSTABLE,
LU6 2LD
T : 01525634350

·
Registered
28 Posts
Without meaning to hi-jack Sensible's thread, how do you re-fit side skirts?

Mine are coming loose at the back doors, on both sides.

·
0 Posts

mine did that, i used double sided carpet tape to fix it back on, hasn't moved since ;)

·
0 Posts
I was driving the other night when I heard a bang on the side of my car. I got out and couldn't see anything other than a group of hoodies on the road side.

The next day, in daylight, I noticed that the offside side skirt was cracked from an impact and there was red brick dust on the damage. Don't want to claim on my insurance so I now have to decide whether it is repairable which will require a paint job or whether I can get one from someone breaking a car...... ideally in my colour.

Anyone with an offside side skirt for sale for a 2001 51 plate 156 2.0 TS Veloce please let me know..... especially if it is black.

More than annoyed!
also! you can get gta side skirts on ebay for £58, which are nice

·
Vendor
46,115 Posts

To do it properly, take them off, clean up the surfaces, remove all the factory rubber stuff that holds on the middle, repaint anywhere paint has flaked off (I'm thinking wheel arch areas), then run a line of Sikaflex or Tigerseal along the flat edge, hold it to the car while another person screws them in from below. Then wedge it on with bits of wood for about 8 hours while it cures.

I did a guide ages ago when I had my JTD:

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-147-156-and-gt/88022-re-fixing-156-veloce-side-skirts-guide.html

·
Registered
28 Posts
Cheers 156zoo & Pud237. Can't do it today due to the rain but now armed with some good knowledge once again thanks to AO members!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If I'm able to repair mine by taking it off, putting some fibreglass from behind and some filler from the front, this is good advice for replacing it... so thanks to Pud237

1 - 13 of 13 Posts