Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im currently looking at next spring/summers weekend toy and the Smart Brabus has been on my list for a few years and wondered if anyone here has had one or still owns one,ok they are not eveyones cuppa but after chatting to GBS (Great british sportscars) about their lotus 7 lookalike it looks like i need to spend 25k to get what im after (quick,light,fun) as i need a auto/semi auto as an old left knee injury is causing me to many niggles to use a clutch...im safe to drive but prefer using my left leg less.

Im not keen on a mx5 so i cant think of what else??

Thanks in advance:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
564 Posts
I considered one of these. Mechanically they're pretty sound but there were a lot of comments that the roof leaks like a sieve when it rains

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I considered one of these. Mechanically they're pretty sound but there were a lot of comments that the roof leaks like a sieve when it rains

Yes they seem to do that but the Theroadster.net forum have plenty of advice regarding fixing this issue.

I dislike the interior but with 100hp and approx 800kg it does seem fun....im in talks with a owner with a 80hp notch roadster but a quick upgrade sees 100hp without too much trouble..

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
I've always liked them, fancied one myself, only thing that's put me off is the interior, considering that's where you actually spend most of the time in a car, for me it's become one of the big decision criteria. Does it look and feel nice, does it feel solid.

It's put me off a lot of cars.

·
Registered
39,159 Posts
Someone I used to work with used to have a Brabus Smart, but it was the regular one with a roof.

Horrible ride, not too great handling and noisy (not a nice noise either)

But it was pretty nippy at lower speeds, especially away from the lights. Once over around 50mph though it wasn't that fast.

The build quality felt cheap, and he had a few reliability issues with it as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts