Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, a strange question this, but what are the Smallest wheels that can be fitted to a V6 GTV, still clearing brakes etc? Ok, so 16" and upwards will as that's what they come with as standards (?)...but what about 15"ers?

I assume 14" will be too small for the brakes as on my Golf the 14" wheels I run need spacers to cover Vauxhall 256mm brake setup. ;)

Thanks,

Dave

·
Registered
30,246 Posts
If you have a V6 with Brembos, 16" is as small as you can go.

·
Registered
384 Posts
yes that is a very strange question , why would you want to put 14`s on a gtv?

i have seen some vw polo`s with small wheels on but they were wide ,looked like some kind of surfing fashion.

·
Registered
871 Posts
also GTVs have a different off set to the rest of the alfas so u will need spacers of u go down the non gtv 16" wheels

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback, so 16"s it is.

I have no intention of putting 14"s on a GTV, that was just an example. I just happen to have access to some 15" wheels which I was hoping I could use temporarily, but clearly not. Steels tend to offer more clearance than alloys as thinner sections used.

It's fairly common in VW circles to have a set of smaller steel wheels (G60 spec) for winter use, to save damage to expensive split rims etc.

The small/wide wheels look has come from the Japanese I believe. Personally, I like the look, but haven't done it myself as it wouldn't fit over my brake setup and I use the car daily.

·
Registered
30,246 Posts
Even with 16" you need to be careful with caliper clearance.
Any OEM Alfa wheels need to be from a car that had the Brembos, otherwise they won't fit and will need very wide spacers to stand a chance of clearing the caliper.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts