Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have only recently joined this forum and have had loads of info from people, one of the most informative and helpful has been Smaky. Now I see he has been banned :rant: has he murdered someone, blown someones car up, rapped and pillaged a village ?. Can somebody please inform all the people on here who value Smakys expert advice why he has been banned, the plain simple truth will do.
Rant over.

·
Premium Member
45,020 Posts
There are rules, if you break them you are warned, break them again you are banned. Same rules apply to everyone. Unfortunately Smaky has a bit of a God complex and thinks the rules don't apply to him.

Bazza edit: Just to point out this is not quite correct. Unless the rule-breaking was the most horrendous of offensive statements you would have to break them again, and again, and again to be banned. Our intention as moderators is to keep the forum running smoothly, nothing more, nothing less. We want to keep our members present and happy as much as possible. You really have to be pushing it before we'll even consider a ban, and even then you'll get so many warnings there's no possible way you don't know that continuing the same behaviour has only one result.

·
Super Moderator
85,949 Posts
I have only recently joined this forum and have had loads of info from people, one of the most informative and helpful has been Smaky. Now I see he has been banned :rant: has he murdered someone, blown someones car up, rapped and pillaged a village ?. Can somebody please inform all the people on here who value Smakys expert advice why he has been banned, the plain simple truth will do.
Rant over.

Why the rant :HEADBANG: He broke the rules again & again so he got banned, simples :)

Have a read http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_the_rules :thumbs:

IBTL :EVIL:

=======================
:mad: :rant: :mad:THREAD LOCKED :mad: :rant: :mad:
=======================

:EVIL:​

:HALO:​

:D

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What rule did he break, thats what I want to know. I have belonged to forums before and have seen the controllers kick people off because they are jealous of someones popularity or they feel that they have an ego that gets on there nerves. I hope he has not been kicked off for any of these reasons as it kills the vibe of a forum and the general members are the ones who loose out.
Smaky seems to be a well liked member and very a very helpful bloke.

So a message to the powers that be , whatever he has done bring him back because the guy is an asset to this forum.

·
Registered
568 Posts
There are rules, if you break them you are warned, break them again you are banned. Same rules apply to everyone. Unfortunately Smaky has a bit of a God complex and thinks the rules don't apply to him.
Is that your impartial view or your employers?

·
Super Moderator
85,949 Posts
What rule did he break, thats what I want to know. I have belonged to forums before and have seen the controllers kick people off because they are jealous of someones popularity or they feel that they have an ego that gets on there nerves. I hope he has not been kicked off for any of these reasons as it kills the vibe of a forum and the general members are the ones who loose out.
Smaky seems to be a well liked member and very a very helpful bloke.

So a message to the powers that be , whatever he has done bring him back because the guy is an asset to this forum.

Why do you think you are entitled to know, it is a matter between Smaky and the AO Team. Also you stated that you are new here, so I presume you have not seen any of Smaky's previous behaviour.

Also this may also be of interest to you
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/announcements-and-comments/190963-rules-reminder.html

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Why do you think you are entitled to know, it is a matter between Smaky and the AO Team. Also you stated that you are new here, so I presume you have not seen any of Smaky's previous behaviour.

Also this may also be of interest to you
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/announcements-and-comments/190963-rules-reminder.html
Please enlighten me on Smakys behaviour as all I have seen is him being helpful.
Yes I am new here does that mean I am not allowed to question things ? I am not trying to rock the boat here Im just wondering why what seems to be a decent helpful bloke has been banned, or is asking questions like this not allowed ? there is no mention in the rules.
Maybe I should just be a good boy and shut up:lol:
Im obviously missing something :confused:

·
Super Moderator
85,949 Posts
Please enlighten me on Smakys behaviour as all I have seen is him being helpful.
Yes I am new here does that mean I am not allowed to question things ? I am not trying to rock the boat here Im just wondering why what seems to be a decent helpful bloke has been banned, or is asking questions like this not allowed ? there is no mention in the rules.
Maybe I should just be a good boy and shut up:lol:
Im obviously missing something :confused:

I won't be discussing Smaky's past but feel free to do your own research.

No it doesn't, I only mentioned the fact as you brought it up yourself & it is relevant as it means that you probably have not seen previous history

The following may answer some of your other questions :)

Polite Reminder:
We feel we need to publicly remind troublesome members that seem to enjoy causing upset to others and enjoy raising pointless disputes on the AO site, disrespecting community members and the constant walking the line with our community STD rules will no longer be tollerated! We as an entire team have discussed this and we are not prepared to have this site spoilt by 10 or so members that get behind a computer screen and feel they have to fight the entire world! This polite reminder is also to state that we will start to remove these members one by one if their attitudes and posting habits do not take a very quick positive change of direction!

As you can imagine, taking no action against these account holders could wreck the future atmosphere of the entire AO community as others seem to learn by them and we cannot and will not allow that. There is not a single person on our team that would enjoy running a site that allows others to purposely upset and antagonise others. You should also note that any account removals will be permanent and will not be discussed or debated. Our word will be final and any PM's or pagers wil simply be ignored.

We only have rules and guidelines at AO for the sole reason to keep this site as useful, tidy and as friendly as possible, but just like real life, a few individuals think they are special enough to get away with abusing the community and it's purpose. Whilst our basic rules cover the most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we already reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way and we will start to act on this paragraph of the rules very soon. If you are reading this and know any one that you feel fits the bill above, please point them to this thread.

I hope every member with a good level of respect can see why we would need to post this and that essentially this is a preface to what will happen if the rapport and conduct of particular members does not improve overnight, just to reiterate that all we want is a friendly environment and currently a few individuals are working against this. :tut:

Rest assured that we will only remove members in this way if at least 4 moderators and 2 admins agree the action is warranted.

Best regards,

Ian Bowles

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.