Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ARRRGGHH!!

Why?!

Why do people do it? Why do they slow down when coming to a GREEN traffic light... in case it turns amber?!

Don't bloody do it! If it's green go through it. If it turns amber when you're approaching you simply judge if you can stop safely and stop. If you can't stop safely you go through.

Why is that so difficult?!

I had two people slow me down on a dual carriageway today through doing this... I only live 10 minutes from work!

(I feel better now.)

N

·
0 Posts
Arg! :mad:

And queue dawdlers at lights who prat about with makeup/cigarette/whatever
then finally pull off after leaving a 20 yard gap at a short period
set of lights, just to slam their brakes on as the light turns amber. :rant::rant::rant:

N

·
0 Posts
I hate drivers who stop on roundabout giveways when theres nothing there for miles.......
Ooooh! You'd love it here.
Not only do they do that, but they also pull out
in front of you as you go round. How inconsistent is that !?! :eek:

·
Registered
38,271 Posts
I have heard rumours that the Traffic light camera's in the UK are over zealous and are snapping people for going through on Amber :rolleyes: Maybe thats what these people are worried about..

Its the ones that stop on empty roundabouts that annoy me more though.

H

·
0 Posts
I have heard rumours that the Traffic light camera's in the UK are over zealous and are snapping people for going through on Amber :rolleyes:
When you jump a red light you get a piccie in the post to show that you've done it, so I reckon that runour is just that, a rumour.

Having said that, where the DVLA are concerned nothing surprises me anymore.

·
Registered
32,440 Posts
having been done by a traffic light camera I am extra careful at lights now - I was silly once but never again :(

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
I got a photo through the post, after I pulled through a red light to let an ambulance go through !! :rant:

·
Registered
32,440 Posts

·
Registered
32,440 Posts
I got a photo through the post, after I pulled through a red light to let an ambulance go through !! :rant:
did you appeal it:confused:

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
How sad is that, having to spend
money on an advert to remind people
about that. :(:(:(
Tis sad but I believe with some people they do just panic and not to be horrible there seems to be an awful lot of old people driving lately (especially here :confused:) and they seem to be the ones who aren't sure on what to do!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts