Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the last (yippee!) remaining 'issues' with my car was a rather slow rear, driver's side electric window. The rear windows tend to suffer through lack of use and I noticed that it always needed assistance to shut. I mentioned it to my local dealer and he passed on a simple tip which worked perfectly. Simply lower the window and spray some silicon-based product onto the seal on each side (where the window slides up and down). Run the window up and down and check the smooth running, trouble-free operation :). It seems the problem is very often simply a dry window seal, which means the window sticks...

·
Registered
183 Posts
Been there (all 4 windows), done that and it is still OK after 2 years. :D :cool:

Not to mention, that at first I dismantle whole mechanism in drivers door, to find nothing wrong (used almost whole day doing that). Had enugh :rant: , took first can of silicon lubricant, sprayed the damn thing all ower :mad: and it was all over in 5 min. :lol: :p

·
Registered
303 Posts
Yep about the same here, all four windows, but after some good silicone lubricant in the window seals, that and giving the windows a good polish up, they work just fine now. Spray the seals about twice a year now and not had any probs so far.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts