Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone

The last few weeks I've noticed my temperature gauge is climbing to 2 or 3 needle widths above 90 degrees before the fan activates. It seems to cut out just below 90 degrees after activation.

Pretty sure the fan always used to come on at bang on 90 degrees and would take the temperature to well below 90 before cutting out.

The car had a new radiator around 4 years ago and fresh coolant in January this year. She runs sweet as a nut still, just a little bothered about why the fan is now slow to come on.

The car is a September 2001, 2.0 Twin Spark CF3.

Thank you for any help

Ben.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much, ifrc the low speed kicks in about 92 deg and the high speed at about 97deg I think what you can see is fine.

Hello everyone

The last few weeks I've noticed my temperature gauge is climbing to 2 or 3 needle widths above 90 degrees before the fan activates. It seems to cut out just below 90 degrees after activation.

Pretty sure the fan always used to come on at bang on 90 degrees and would take the temperature to well below 90 before cutting out.

The car had a new radiator around 4 years ago and fresh coolant in January this year. She runs sweet as a nut still, just a little bothered about why the fan is now slow to come on.

Thank you for any help

Ben.

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
Hello everyone

Thank you for any help

Ben.
You could check if the fan work at both low-speed and hi-speed.
If only hi-speed work the fan will kick in at a slightly higher engine temperature.

If your Air Con works, the fan should kick in at lo-speed shortly after you have started the engine.
If your low speed does not work it is probably the resistor (O22b) that is broken and needs to be relaced.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have an 03 cf3 twinspark and mine does exactly the same, the low speed fan comes on with aircon no worries, but i'm not sure that it comes on with temp, it seems only the high speed comes on at 97 degrees

1 - 5 of 5 Posts