Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm brand new to Alfa ownership and enjoying the experience so far. Would go as far as to say that its the best drivers car I've owned to date, and comfortable, quiet and well equipped to boot.

I've a few questions someone might be able to help with and wanted to start with this one :

- The interior heater/auto climate system is pretty good except for one issue - when you put the fan speed at its highest, it doesn't go all that fast. Is this a) the way they all are b) I've an issue with the blower motor or c) something else such as battery/alternator (have put a meter across battery when engine on and off and it appears to be ok)

I've also noticed that the wiper speed on highest is not all that fast and am wondering if its related ,again to power or just the way it is ?

·
Registered
9,590 Posts
You should be able to note an incremental noise from the fan as you click through the four speeds - if you do, then probably everything is working as it should......depends on what you are used to, I suppose. I rarely use the highest speed on the wipers so can't really think if its particularly fast......

If you are getting a reading of about 14v when the alternator is charging then its OK......

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
pollen filter may need changing, or cleaning? they get clogged easily, and i dont believe its in the service schedule either?

the wipers do shift a bit. do they increase in speed as you got through the settings?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You should be able to note an incremental noise from the fan as you click through the four speeds - if you do, then probably everything is working as it should......depends on what you are used to, I suppose. I rarely use the highest speed on the wipers so can't really think if its particularly fast......

It does increase in noise as you go through the fan speeds - not much increase in air movement however !

If you are getting a reading of about 14v when the alternator is charging then its OK......
Yes - getting 14V - Alternator appears to be ok. Not sure if battery is holding charge fully, not sure if it makes any difference either

pollen filter may need changing, or cleaning? they get clogged easily, and i dont believe its in the service schedule either?

Thanks for that, I'll check out the pollen filters - wonder if they come into play when running recirculate ? the air flow doesn't change whether on air from outside or recirculate

the wipers do shift a bit. do they increase in speed as you got through the settings?
Only very slightly - the intermittent is fine - the first setting is also fine. Fastest setting is more or less the same speed as the first setting. What do you mean when you say they shift a bit ?

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
Yes - getting 14V - Alternator appears to be ok. Not sure if battery is holding charge fully, not sure if it makes any difference either

Only very slightly - the intermittent is fine - the first setting is also fine. Fastest setting is more or less the same speed as the first setting. What do you mean when you say they shift a bit ?
move quickly, or supposed to, so if its the same speed as the first, id say the motor is dying:(

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

More threads I see on this - the more I think its my problem. I'm getting steaming windows as well - so its more than likely the issue - thanks for your help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts