Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I attempted accelerating my 2.0 JTS to see its limit. But i felt a lack of power from its accelerating and suddenly motor control failure message came up.

I had to again reconnect a battery to remove the message.

Yeah the MCF message is quite a normal thing but the acceleration power being equals to Diesel Skoda can't be normal. (I felt shame)

My battery is fitted last winter. I had one month car was not driven in winter but I doubt my battery is already low.

Could anyone please advise me what it can be?

·
Registered
384 Posts
i dont quite know what you mean about MCSF being a normal thing? MCSF means you have a fault that needs diagnosing with alfadiag or examiner, no other way really.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dont quite know what you mean about MCSF being a normal thing? MCSF means you have a fault that needs diagnosing with alfadiag or examiner, no other way really.
Thanks for your reply!

In fact this car has been diagnosed multiple times for the same reason and inspected per Finnish law every year.

No issue with MCSF really.

It's the known-issue with Alfa 156 that it's likely to come when there's some problem with battery or electrical device errors.

I haven't heard any 156 (newer version with computer) without MCSF message in its history.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts