Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently got my car back after a trip to the dealers. It's the first time in ages I've driven it with the standard map and it feels so pedestrian. This morning I nearly got dusted by some chav in a 1.9 diesel Astra and this afternoon a bloke in a very nice Ferrari 360 humiliated me just for the fun of it (bast*rd)!

I can't wait to get the remap re-done but it makes wonder what happened to all the fast Alfas, modern ones may look good but they're hardly quick?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Was your original remap by Angel tuning the cause of the problem? I am considering remapping my new alfa when I get it.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I have an Angel remap and they are coming out next week to put it back on. They only put it back to standard because I had to go to the dealers for an engine management fault. The fault has been reset and everything is fine. It's a tricky balance between enjoying the performance and not invalidating your warranty.

Don't worry about Angel, they care too much about their reputation to stuff your car up.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't even try, it just made me realise how slow the average car is. I was referring more to the Astra; point is, Alfa trade on their racing heritage and "high performance" engines to create create highly emotive cars which aren't that quick as standard.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lots! like a totally different car - it will keep up with a 330d BMW. 6th gear on the standard car offers no acceleration at all but post remap it still accelerates at a fairly impressive rate.

It adds about 50bhp/50ft lbs torque.

·
Registered
63 Posts
yep, same experience for me, although I didn't think the original was slow, but after the remap.. wow
it keeps going in all gears and rockets away from standing

I had no problem keeping up with BMW 320TDI and Golf TDI th eother day and coming through the toll on M4 , I was faster away then both of them :D

FD

1 - 9 of 9 Posts