Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, i have a slight vibration when going over 80km/hr, checked tyre pressure already, wheel balancing is good. its more noticable as a passanger, its actually pretty bad.....when i drive the vibration is not in the sterring wheel either.
Any one had this problem ?
13000km on the car so far.......

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Me too at about 110mph....:), had wheels balanced as just had them refurbed, new front tyres and still doesnt like it at 110ish, not a major problem as i dont do this very often (well, just the once) but would like to get to bottom of it just the same!

U

·
0 Posts
Did they check that your wheels and tyres were within acceptable limits of roundness? Always possible to get deformed tyres and I have had a few bent wheels in my time.

Also consider wheels slippage after balancing - if a longlasting lubricant was put on the rim when fitting the tyres they will sometimes slip round on the rim during heavy acceleration or braking, thus ruining the careful balanciing

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just picked up my new car this afternoon - 159 2.2 JTS 07 Plate - 11k miles and on the way home from the dealer, via the motorway as soon as I hit 70mph+ I also noticed the heavy vibration...

Dealer had the wheels aligned and balanced today and the tyre pressure is 2.5 bar in all 4 tyres...

Is this something I should get checked out at Alfa or will there be no long lasting damage?

Regardless, since 5pm today I can't stop smiling!!! :)

Cheers and hello by the way!

·
Registered
54 Posts
After 8mnths and 12000 miles I was getting wheel vibration caused I thought by incorrect bal wheels. However when National tyres had a look the inside drivers side tyre was worn down below legal limit. 2 new tyres and an alignement later Its fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts