Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I have a little problem which does seem to be growing as they always do with GTV's! When putting your foot down on the gas from idle its like there is a little misfire or splutter or whatever! when driving this results in a jolt before pulling away. If you do it when the car is not moving there is a definite 'hiccup' before the revs build....

The rest of the time, she's perfect, loads of pull, idles smooth as you like etc.

Its starting to get a bit more in your face now so time to start investigating. I have searched the forum and cant see any topics on this.... although i have searched alot of words!

My GTV is a ph1 2.0 ts

Anyone experienced this issue before??

TA

Marcus:confused:

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Clean the throtle body out with carb cleaner, clean the air flow meter sensor with elctrical cleaner and check your lambda sensor when it was last change and finally check for any cracks or air leaks in the air intake system.

..... and reset the ecu.

:)

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Does it only do it when its warm? When the lambda sensor went on mine, it was ok until it was warmed up, then it was really hard to drive at low revs, when stopped the engine would start to die, giving the throttle a tickle made it pop!

After about 3Krpm it was fine.

If you can, get the error codes read, mine showed lots of lambda related errors, but no fault light on the dash..

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have a ph1 TS, mine also has a slight miss\ splutter at low revs. I have located this to a leaking rockcover. Oil is leaking in the spark cylinders, when I cleaned it out a while back all the symptoms went away and the car ran really smoothly. Easy check to do.

I got my new gasket but the horrible weather recently is stopping me from fitting it. Also check the condition of the spark plugs, mine look like they havent been changed in some years but I'm not changing them until my new gasket is fitted :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As i own 2 alfas thought it best to buy a ecu cable and all the bits so will be reading codes as soon as postman pat brings me my new toy! Strangely it does only occur when warm... maybe that lambda sensor is the cause.....

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Enjoy your new toy :lol:

I replaced my lambda sensor last August and since then the car run smoothly when warm, sounds like you have cracked the problem. :thumbs:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts