Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 159 2.2 jts and when i change gear 1st to 2nd and to 3rd there is a sort of knocking underneath the gears have engaged properly its like the is play somewhere has any body experienced this??:confused:

·
Registered
251 Posts
I too am experiencing some weird noises when changing between 1st 2nd and 3rd - its very difficult to replicate under test conditions. But under normal driving it sounds like its the clutch not disingaging properly.

If you do manage to find out what the issue is, please let me know! I've had a dealer look it it twice now and they can't find anything wrong :(

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Every used 2.2 I've driven does this. It's DMF related and unless really bad, won't be covered by warranty as it'll only come back in a few thousand miles.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeh DMF was noisey on my saab 9-3 aero but i managed to put up with it... when i got timing chain replaced yesterday they had a quick look nd said its normall so i will see how it goes on.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Same problem here..... charachteristic apparently! Does disappear occasionaly and did go for a while following new DMF but back as before again now....

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes i found out today while its cold its fine but soon as it warms up there it is lol never mind all cars have there niggles just glad my timing chain is done after 36000 miles!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts