Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad: How do you cancel sky tv????
Went on their website, did a search for cloing my tv account, shows 1-10 of 895 answers, how simple is it to give you a number to ring and close the effin account..
And I'll bet this aint the first such rant here either :mad:

N

·
0 Posts
Don't forget to keep the cancelled Skycard.

It gives you access to extra channels like CH5, More4 etc.
even though you are paying nothing. ;)

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
It took me AGES to cancel my SKY account, and then they kept billling me for MONTHS afterwards, almost ended up in the County Court in fact. I would NEVER go back to them again !!!!......:rant:

Get everything in writing from them if I were you !!!!!.......:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Just cancelled myself, all you need to do is phone them up as mentioned above, its a quick and easy call, you will have to wait 30 odd days but they will send you confirmation of cancellation and the lucky date, you can put aa stop on direct debits etc if you are worried about them continuing.

I only had Sky because at the time of sign up it was the cheapest way to a decent ADSL package for me but after increases (of approx £5 a month unless I took talk :eek: ) and changes in Ts&Cs every 6 months (latest was reduction in ADSL bandwidth from 40->10Gb :eek: but I could pay more for unlimited :rolleyes: ) in order for SKY to get more dough out of me I'd had enough, money grabbing barstewards.

The TV is certainly not worth paying for, what sort of saddo do you have to be to watch all that crap, mostly found my plus box was used to record stuff that was on freeview, hardly anything from Sky, so its ditched, got myself O2 broadband less than £8 a month for unlimited broadband and no throttling in place and I doubt its price with chnage every 6 months. :)

Sky Plus box was pretty good though much more user freind than my PC for PVR duties.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well the call went well, thanks for the tips guys, am gonna keep the card 'n' box, see what is still on it

H

·
0 Posts
You have to give them 30 days notice as well, we called time on them last week and are moving to join Bransons revolution

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah were gettin' shut down 18 Sept.
and last bill then too:)

S

·
0 Posts
Their encryption is based upon a constantly changing variable I heard so is nigh on impossible to crack.

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
Switch off date for me was 17th July...not missing it at all. Apart from House but will just buy the box set when released (far cheaper than paying £17.50 just to watch 1 program)

S

·
0 Posts
Switch off date for me was 17th July...not missing it at all. Apart from House but will just buy the box set when released (far cheaper than paying £17.50 just to watch 1 program)
Do you still have broadband? :p;)

Work colleague "obtained" full latest series. Was able to watch it HD on the 360 :thumbs:

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
My Sky is getting the chop in the next month or 2 (already removed HD subscription, movies, sports etc) once i can work out a way of getting a better deal for broadband which is quite hard in my area. I'm paying £17 for BB alone which is a rip-off for 1mb at best!:mad:

S

·
0 Posts
My Sky is getting the chop in the next month or 2 (already removed HD subscription, movies, sports etc) once i can work out a way of getting a better deal for broadband which is quite hard in my area. I'm paying £17 for BB alone which is a rip-off for 1mb at best!:mad:
Cause yous have a bit of string for the broadband out in the sticks.

Do they refer to you as the sorceror with the box of light housing the unspoken truth oracle that shall henceforth be known as Google?

I'm surprised you haven't been chased out with a pitchfork for your satan red horseless carraige!

N

·
0 Posts
Sky's encryption has been cracked.
Why do you think they are currently changing Sky Cards :lol:
(Although NDS are very very good at what they do, nothing is impossible.)

If people only need/want to watch one or two US shows, as I've mentioned
before, if you can set up a US iTunes account this is the fastest, easiest ad-free way of watching these shows. ;) :D:D:D

K

·
0 Posts
Do you still have broadband? :p;)

Work colleague "obtained" full latest series. Was able to watch it HD on the 360 :thumbs:
Ah yes, House in HD for that full stubble experience :thumbs:

(apparently) The only problem with "obtaining" it is running out of episodes :cry:

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Cause yous have a bit of string for the broadband out in the sticks.

Do they refer to you as the sorceror with the box of light housing the unspoken truth oracle that shall henceforth be known as Google?

I'm surprised you haven't been chased out with a pitchfork for your satan red horseless carraige!
Hey its like that round here:tut:
We got broadband now, but it aint quick, you ever been to Wales?

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Don't forget to keep the cancelled Skycard.

It gives you access to extra channels like CH5, More4 etc.
even though you are paying nothing. ;)
Was gonna Nev. cheers, but how does all this talk of encryption affect that ?
Anyway worse case scenario I could get a freesat reciever for around £50 that will work with my old dish.
Ariel is (and will be more so soon) useless round here due to the hills

1 - 20 of 29 Posts