Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad: .... alternatives !? ....don't have cable in my street and freeview is a bit of hit and miss .........fed up with price increases .....!!!!

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
No suprise there at all, I refuse to pay the extortionate prices that SKY charge. They ripped me off about 15 Years ago, and I will NEVER subscribe to them again, and apart from that, their Customer Service is probably the WORST in the World, well India actually, where they were based, and good luck to anybody that has a problem with SKY.......:rant:

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
I'm sure I read somewhere that Freesat are doing excellent deals nowdays, no need for a Cable input, but a dish is required. Perhaps a quick check on the Internet might be worth a while for your area, methinks......:thumbs:

Hope that helps somewhat......:)

·
Administrator
86,623 Posts
Congrats on getting in the first reply rant Roy ;)
Sky have call centres in Scotland & Ireland, IIRC I've never been connected to anywhere else since I've been a customer & that's more than 15 years. No problems with Sky either.

I can't suggest an alternative SCGT as I'm not local but have you asked them if they got any deals for existing customers, that worked for me earlier this year & previously :thumbs:

·
Administrator
45,145 Posts
If you've already got a sky dish, then you can just use the feed straight from that to a Freesat TV or set top box, it's from the same satellite.

It's not got the same range of channels though.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Think more folks will turn to the ever increasing clever hacks for all channels ....couple of guys in my work pay £10 a month for full SKY access ......me? I was caught in Woolworths 44 years ago stealing a sweetie from the pic&mix , ever since Iv'e been an upstanding citizen .....sometimes I wonder:confused:

·
Administrator
86,623 Posts
Nowt to do with having Bruce Willis and Al Pacino in their adverts?

Possibly :lol:

It probably isn't helping that some are downloading all the latest sky exclusive TV shows etc.

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
I never have any problems at all with Sky. Ok I pay a bit for it but I think it's good value. Freebies are there for the asking too. They are very accommodating.
When I was off work two years ago I wanted to watch the Ashes series from Oz. I gave them a call explained the situation and asked what was the minimum I could have sports for. He gave me six months free instantly and even gave me the date I needed to cancel on if I wanted to. I have everything with them. TV, phone, broadband and I wouldn't change.

·
Premium Member
77,202 Posts
I'm thinking of switching to BT, if I can get a good deal. Currently I pay for phone and fast broadband. If I get a good package with BT then I should get some footy bundled in too. The missus will be chuffed.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok, I have never subscribed to anybody for television programmes,(except of course the obligatory licence).
I have freeview, and frankly if you can't find something to watch out of all those channels, then the best thing you can do is switch off and read a book.
BUT, I do understand that for keen sportspeople, SKY can be a plus and for that reason and that reason only. All the rest is ****

·
Premium Member
77,202 Posts
Ok, I have never subscribed to anybody for television programmes,(except of course the obligatory licence).
I have freeview, and frankly if you can't find something to watch out of all those channels, then the best thing you can do is switch off and read a book.
BUT, I do understand that for keen sportspeople, SKY can be a plus and for that reason and that reason only. All the rest is ****
pretty much......

The reason I have Netflix is 'cos £6 a month buys a shed load of movies and (more importantly for me) loads of top notch TV series boxsets. I know for £6 that I will always have something really good to watch. When I had Sky and Virgin we still found ourselves flicking about finding something interesting - and we ended up buying (and then selling) DVD box sets.

I CBA with that now, especially with the tools you encounter on fleabay. Having said that there was always a bit of fun in buying a boxset for a £5 and then sticking it back on a 99p auction and flogging it for £25. Lovely!

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Very good point from crazy. I have and would not subscribe for tv, especially sky. Surely most thinks are now available on streaming?

Btw sky have a very successful bike team to fund.

·
Registered
13,672 Posts
Netflix for movies and VFM is superb. I do have to have the blooming F1 channel though. That stinks and I detest bloody Sky for that. Still needs must

My mum has Virgin and whilst I lived back home for err cough, four years can only praise both TV and broadband (DSL)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 33 Posts