Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Locally advertised skinny non runner has cropped up again, I was wondering what is compatible with my widebody? I need mirrors, internal odd bits of trim which is OK but I have no use for 14 inch alloys, bumpers etc. I could stick all the lights in the loft but the main thing is the rear suspension. What exactly makes the track wider - is it a spacer/set-up or are the parts copletely different? (my ePer CD is useless in identifying). If I can use the shocks and springs then I will be happy. Anything else would be a bonus. I would also ideally underwrite the price by selling off anything else of value, should it come to it.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
I truly believe only the front track is wider on the widebody... If that's the case you should be able to use nearly all of the car...

Things that ARE different:
- steering rack (but might still be interchangeable)
- pretty much the whole body
- front calipers and brackets

and that's all I can think of ATM

Cheers,
Cuore_sportivo_155

W

·
0 Posts
Far as I know the only reason the front is wider is because a wider offset was used on the wheels and a 5mm spacer each side :rolleyes: :eek:

However, other bits that are interchangeable include.....

front doors
lights all round except indicators
rear calipers (I think)
all glass
some internal plastic bits (even the dash vents are different!)
suspension inc wishbones I think (there are supposed to be two different types)
some front grills (recessed only but flush will fit despite looking stupid!)
some engine compartment stuff e.g. washer bottle, fuses etc
boot internals
boot lid
fuel tank?

Still quite a list.....

wrinx

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have a 155 widebody which will be taken from my hands very soon. If you are after a rear suspension, I have a set in the boot of that car from a 1997 155 Super, but the springs on that are hiiiiiiiiiigh.... for comfort I guess.

Alternatively the one's fitted to the car are the stiffer/lower sportspack type, from a 1995 car.

If you cant find a solution you can speak to the chap who will soon own the car for spares and work something out. I will disclose the name once the transaction is compete if you are interested.

Chao

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My current car is a faded rosso widebody and one I will not sell again (!). The breaker skinny has in the owners words 'blown the back off the injection system' or at least suffered some catastrophic back-fire. Otherwise it sounds OK. Trouble is as we all know parts are a nightmare and as I have the space, time and wherewithall to deal with breaking one and the ensuing disposal of the carcase, it seems financially more viable than worrying about breaking an otherwise saveable car. My own is with its faults but it is also a sentimental issue. If the skinny has a higher ride height then so much the better really as I am suffering clearance problems on my own car!

As it stands I would hope to use the following - mirrors, speaker grilles, springs and shocks all round, internal sundries eg door handles, glovebox lid. Store: Lights, external trim etc. Sell: 15" skinny alloys/tyres.

And the main advantage is this car is MOT'd and only a short rope tow back home. Seen loads on ebay lately but they'll all involve their own value in recovery costs.

Seeing as a top dog 155 is barely into 4 figures any cheap way of maintaining has to be good?

·
Registered
260 Posts
The 155 I have sold is not salvageable, especially after I removed various parts to trasnplant into the replacement 155 I am now driving.

I have sold the car as an engine and gearbox @ 60K, with the rest coming for free. Its also a faded rosso not including some re-sprayed parts (bumpers + sills) which was done not so long ago.

As I said I have given my word to a man here that you should speak to, once he has paid for and collected the car. I'm almost certain he is not buying to restore unless he has money to waste.

·
Registered
13,236 Posts
Let me make sure I understood this....

You're taking parts off a Skinny, to put on a Wideboy??? :eek: :eek:

Why??? :confused: :confused:

One thing that isn't transplantable... BTCC Glory! :D

Ralf S.

R

·
0 Posts
Sorry slight offtopic but..

widebody said:
I would also ideally underwrite the price by selling off anything else of value, should it come to it.
Does the car have auto ac? I need the regulator which controls the fan, it is in the footcompartment just before the fan and there goes to 3-pin bits to it. Can't find it anywhere so if anyone knows, please let me know!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update On Breaker

Just had a butchers at the skinny and I'm ashamed to say it looks better than my widebody. Nice tidy met red bodywork, all boggo inc 14" wheels, s/r, no a/c, lovely tidy interior, would be a real shame to break it - appears to have blown a big hole in the back of the plenum chamber - any ideas?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts