Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is probably frowned upon, but if anyone fancies skiing tomorrow, we have a flight from London Luton departing at 18:15, which is allowing for 3 full days skiing in Chamonix and returning on Monday 9th at 09:50. Transfers are included. Staying at the Gustavia Hotel which includes bed and breakfast. All for just £398!

I can sort something out for you if you are interested. My boss is desperate to sell the room, so let me know if you want to ski!

·
Registered
19,792 Posts
I want to ski. But I can't go tomorrow :(

Oh, and I need to be in Valencia on Sunday night.

Otherwise, I'm in :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
already booked for the 18th :p

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
...and if you need recommendations for good food, or great bootfitters in the valley, let me know.

I'd be interested if I wasn't flying to Turin on Saturday to go to Champoluc.

Yesterday I had to buy a new pair of gloves (got some Hestra lobster claws) as my old ones were past their best. Tomorrow I'm going to get some mojos to see if that helps with my knee injuries.

·
Registered
674 Posts
...and if you need recommendations for good food, or great bootfitters in the valley, let me know.
Who is your favourite? I've had a pair of amazing Lange made for me by Steve when he was at Footworks, now he owns and runs Sole. I've sent many customers to him over the years and his work never disappoints. Mine are theoretically two sizes too small for me but Steve magic'ed me into them: they are as comfortable as carpet slippers.

Unbelievable conditions there at the mo, I was there over the Chrimbo and we put down fresh tracks all day every day. And it's getting better. MASSIVE storm last night. Can't wait for my return on the 22nd :)

As for food, Steve put me onto the Morgane many years ago and I've never looked back :)

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
Steve (aka SmallZookeeper) fitted my Dalbellos, he's a good guy but can't hold his whisky as well as Jules from the Bootroom (if you can get an appointment with him, grab it!).
In the UK, Colin at Solutions4Feet in Bicester would be my recommendation.
My one tip would be not to have a drinking session with him and Jules. It never ends quietly.

As for eating, try the Rusticana in Argentiere. Pete, the chef, is very good.

Mention my name to any of them and you won't get any discount, but they'll be interested to know where you heard of them!

I've almost finished packing, ready for a 6am check in at LGW.

·
Premium Member
7,625 Posts
As for eating, try the Rusticana in Argentiere. Pete, the chef, is very good.

Mention my name to any of them and you won't get any discount, but they'll be interested to know where you heard of them!

I've almost finished packing, ready for a 6am check in at LGW.
Funnily enough I was just about to recommend Rusticana. We often visited it when we were staying in Montroc a couple of years ago. 2 min walk from Argentiere station aswell

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have another good offer for you all. A week in Morzine, departing London Victoria by coach tomorrow at 5pm, staying in the centre of the resort. 6 days skiing, including food for £199pp.

Let me know if interested.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got a last minute deal to Bride Les Bains, giving you 7 days skiing during half term, self-catered for £299pp. Anybody interested?

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bit of a last mo deal, departing Saturday 17th March to Bride Les Bains, Meribel. I can do it for £199 per person. Let me know if you are interested.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Another one...

Last min mates rates deals available. £125 for the weekend in Morzine, departing Thursday, or £150 for the week to Meribel, departing Saturday.....

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Why don't you come and live here ? Near the Alps without planes to catch etc. With all the deals you're putting up, some of them are quite interesting just looking at local prices.
Tell your boss you'll live here in one of his Chalets, get him to do the pricing in GB and advertise from here. Buy a minibus and pick the people up in the town centre for a two hour drive to great ski resorts at GBP rates.
If you look into it I'm sure it'd work. Get the whole deal, pay the cheap flights but don't care for them. Pick the people up here!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts