Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Alfisti, bought my first Alfa in 1975, a lovely 2000 GTV Bertone. Followed by Guiliettas 1.6 & 2.0. May they rust in peace. Then succumbed to boring BMWs for some years. Returned to the true faith with a 156 1.6 & then a 156 selespeed. Presently alfa-less, cept for a 1959 Guilietta Sprint, for fair days and sunny days.

Now on the look out for a facelifted 166 sportronic. Anyone able to help ?

D

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the team buddy! :D

Check the for sale pages mate as there is a Sportronic for sale in there. I'm after a 166 myself but a 3.0i Litre Super.

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Hello and Welcome !! :)

·
Registered
32,440 Posts
Welcome to AO :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hello everyone !

Apologies. I had meant to reply earlier to everyone's greetings but I was too busy negotiating the purchase of Hunters truly excellent 166 V6 sportronic. As the ads say it was exactly as described on the tin.

And quick. Very quick. Let's just say I picked up my first ever 3penalty points for speeding just 5 hours after picking up the car !!

Enough said.

Having owned a couple of 156 's I can only say that the 166 is streets better. Still trying to work out how all the optional extras work but I must say the heated front seats are a real boon.

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
Hello everyone !

Apologies. I had meant to reply earlier to everyone's greetings but I was too busy negotiating the purchase of Hunters truly excellent 166 V6 sportronic. As the ads say it was exactly as described on the tin.

And quick. Very quick. Let's just say I picked up my first ever 3penalty points for speeding just 5 hours after picking up the car !!

Enough said.

Having owned a couple of 156 's I can only say that the 166 is streets better. Still trying to work out how all the optional extras work but I must say the heated front seats are a real boon.

3 points already?!?!?!? :eek: :eek: :eek: I did warn you she was 'quick'

:lol:

Very pleased you're happy with her Skelly :) :thumbs:

We've replaced the 166 with a CLS until the new 169 is eventually released :)

·
Registered
26,114 Posts
Hi and welcome to AO!
:thumbs:

Good job well done Hunter :) - too quick...
I have the impression she found herself a worthy home.

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
Hi and welcome to AO!
:thumbs:

Good job well done Hunter :) - too quick...
I have the impression she found herself a worthy home.
I think so ;) She deserved a good home :)

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
How's she running skelly :confused:

Saw another Nuvola Blue 166 over the weekend and reminded me of her. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Hello Hunter

Good to hear from you. Car is going great. Now up to 80,000 miles.Though there is only one small item which doesn't appear to work and that is the average fuel consumption. Strangely all other aspects on the trip function work perfectly but not average consumption. Given the current price of petrol that might be just as well !

And shame about the new car tax regime. What about your Mercedes ? Still a good choice ? If the new 169 is due to be released next year we should have some details shortly though it would probably be 2010 before it reaches the UK. I would be tempted myself if the price were right. Incidentally, the prices for F/L 3.2 166s appear to have fallen recently and there are a few for sale on Auto Trader. Are you still tempted ?

Cheers

Kieran

1 - 20 of 21 Posts