Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Far far too skinny. This, the media pushes to young girls as the way you should look, and so they starve themselves to live up to some ideal that is controlled by a handful idiots sitting in offices in Manhattan, Paris and Milan.

I once knew someone who had an eating disorder and ended up having to drop out of university because she had gotten so frail and ill. These fashion designers are ruining lives.

Besides, give me curves and someone I can have a takeaway and a laugh with anyday.

·
Registered
46,602 Posts
Kids worry more about their appearance and looking like a size zero model than they do their education now :rolleyes:

Live a little girls - theres no point straving yourselfs and thinking you look pretty cos thats what men want , get out there have a laugh and enjoy life while you can :(

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kids worry more about their appearance and looking like a size zero model than they do their education now :rolleyes:

Live a little girls - theres no point straving yourselfs and thinking you look pretty cos thats what men want , get out there have a laugh and enjoy life while you can :(
They don't see any educational role models, we don't really have any famous scientists or engineers. Their role models are size zero and married to footballists or can sing karaoke and go onto X factor's got talent.

Sad reflection on the shallowness of society.

·
Registered
11,827 Posts

·
Registered
46,602 Posts
They don't see any educational role models, we don't really have any famous scientists or engineers. Their role models are size zero and married to footballists or can sing karaoke and go onto X factor's got talent.

Sad reflection on the shallowness of society.
The only thing in the public eye is 'Jordan' this, 'Kate Moss' that and 'Amy Whinehoue'. Just think there will soon be another genertaion of drug addicts, size zero wannabe models :rolleyes: Oh joy! 'When I grow up I wanna marry a footballer'. God help us all!

Why cant there be any famous sane people ..

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
In the words of my good friend Sir Mix-a-Lot...

... I like big butts, and I cannot lie! :thumbs:

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
I agree - not a fan of really skinny girls either. Curves are way better - something to grab on to :thumbs:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i don't like women who are insistent on being so thin it looks unnatural on them, its wrong, but that is what society has pushed on women for so long....

Likewise obesity doesn't sit well with me either, for me there is an ideal size that an individual has and for each of us it is different, i am constantly trying to tell my daughter that, i just hope that it sinks in one day....

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Well I agree size zero is too skinny, but I do like slim, toned, athletic women. I think telling women that size zero is evil and size 18 is normal isn't really doing them any favours. (Not that the average woman will listen to such nonsense anyway).

I would also add that I really hate the Dove 'campaign for natural beauty'. If I have to watch dire adverts I would rather that they featured exceptionally pretty women (that doesn't mean size zero) than everyday 'normal' women. I'm sure if I featured in the Diet Coke advert cleaning windows as a 'campaign for natural beauty', rather than the super toned male hunk that all the women love to look at, women would very quickly complain. It has all got too PC these days. There is nothing wrong with being slim and beautiful.

·
Registered
37,520 Posts

Live a little girls - theres no point starving yourselfs and thinking you look pretty cos thats what men want , get out there have a big huge cake and enjoy life while you can :(
Amen to that :thumbs:

Want to see my pics from the Ludlow food festival ;)

·
Registered
11,203 Posts
I would also add that I really hate the Dove 'campaign for natural beauty'. If I have to watch dire adverts I would rather that they featured exceptionally pretty women (that doesn't mean size zero) than everyday 'normal' women.

Soooo, you like exceptionallly pretty women on tv, but not size zero? So does that mean women all have to have surgery now instead of starving ourselves? Is that what we want to push onto our future children? 'You have to be pretty to make it on tv/magazines darling, you're too normal'

Christ we can't bloody win

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Soooo, you like exceptionallly pretty women on tv, but not size zero? So does that mean women all have to have surgery now instead of starving ourselves? Is that what we want to push onto our future children? 'You have to be pretty to make it on tv/magazines darling, you're too normal'

Christ we can't bloody win
Why didn't you quote the 2nd part of that about me featuring in the diet coke ad? :)

1 - 20 of 80 Posts