Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
601 August 2012 CAR magazine

I cant find this magazine in any local newsagents:cry:
Looks interesting, and if that is the lastest rendering of the new guilia, then its better looking than the older renderings.
Let's hope the Giulia and the 4C are a hit, and the mx5 based Spider should hopefully be a hoot!

·
Administrator
87,304 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
She looks an absolute beauty.

If it ever finds its' way to Ireland I'm sure the Irish taxman will have a field day with VRT etc....

·
Administrator
87,304 Posts
I saw that a good while back in the shops, it might be replaced by the new issue at this stage though ?
Just checked yesterday & yes the September issue is currently on the shelves.

·
Registered
13,001 Posts
Well by the time we get anything over here it will probably be time for its replacement :D

But I do want one if its ever made

·
Registered
495 Posts
It took a while and I had difficulty finding a copy at all, but I eventually bought it in Easons, Navan a few weeks ago. I'll scan the article and upload it to Photobucket or something to share here...

·
Registered
13,001 Posts
Great that will do for George and Rory as they never buy anything :D

·
Registered
495 Posts
Hey chaps. You'll find it here

Oh and ... Photobucket once again arranged the pages in reverse order ... sorry.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
pdmc, thanks for that :)

I went to get the magazine on Saturday, and it's already replaced with the September issue.

Interesting reading. I wonder how much of the timing and prediction is based on talking to Sergio, and how much on "Sources". That said, a Giulia on the Compact platform can be done right now (the Dart is near-as-dammit the same size as the 159), so eighteen more months of fine-tuning and quality is about right for something that you want to sell against Audis.

·
Registered
5,949 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
According to Autocar this week Alfa could be involved in other joint model development with Mazda beyond the proposed new Mazda MX5/Alfa Romeo Spider.

·
Administrator
87,304 Posts
I doubt it as the Giulia's design was finally signed off on a couple of months ago according to a reliable source on here.

IIRC supposedly the next press release regarding future plans from FGA is due on 30th October so perhaps that might contain some more info or clues as to the future. Nothing to say that that wouldn't change again though as we've seen both the plan from 2010 & 2011 have changed due to the ongoing crisis in Europe.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts