Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
We are not just a forum any more and this layout demonstrates this, love it or hate it, we are like a light version of FaceBook but for Alfisti. Of course we understand that change is rarely wanted if given a choice but all we ask is that you give the change a chance before adding any negative comments to the site, you may even grow to like it more? :p
Interesting point and one I've never really had and issue with considering the fact that all threads are indexed in Google anyway and probably 90% of members have a FB account as well.

Out of interest though, is there a way to remove the buttons for linking to these sites?

I've noticed that some members have them removed but I can't find any settings in my profile page to allow/disallow the function?

Can they be removed by request or do you have to live with them?

Like I said, I'm not fussed either way but other members might want the option to be able to remove them and others have apparently had them removed, then it would make sense for all members to have a equal footing ;)

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
i likey, well done:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Edit: Ah, you can close it! :D:D:D :thumbs:
How please?
All that crap on the right is doing my head in:mad:

edit
Ah, having read the rest of the thread it would seem you have to pay to be able to remove it:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
Please, please, please remove the blinking message that appears when posting a new thread. The one I'm referring to is under the title area and says "Message: Help others to find your thread by using descriptive titles."

While that may be a helpful suggestion to some the flashing really drives me batty.
--Toronto

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
Please, please, please remove the blinking message that appears when posting a new thread. The one I'm referring to is under the title area and says "Message: Help others to find your thread by using descriptive titles."

While that may be a helpful suggestion to some the flashing really drives me batty.
--Toronto
Doesn't flash for me, TS. :confused:

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Remember there are still going to be changes made and without any reference to george michael - but things can only get better :lol:

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
I'm not a fan of the lost space on the right hand side of the screen but I'm getting used to it:)

Overall, I like the look and the the tie up with Alfa is a major coup:cool:

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
I wish it was the same for my E72. Mine won't load the text boxes properly on AO, new or old. Instead it just shows the box as the same colour as the background. It lets me input text, but when it is submitted, it fails to send the text so I get the "you need to input more than 3 characters" message.
The only way I can reply to a thread on AO with my '72 is to use Opera Mini (which I hate BTW) as I am now. :mad:
Phil, I suggest upgrading the firmware on your handset, which (as I am sure you are aware), you can do via the Nokia Software Updater software, as bundled with the Nokia PC Suite application.

I upgraded the firmware on my '72 last Friday, so it's now running version 22.007.

Upgrading the firmware solved a number of minor issues I had with the 'phone, so may fix your browsing problems when using the bundled Symbian 60 default web browser (which I agree is usually much better to use than the frankly hateful Opera Mini).

Worth a go, seeing as it's all available free, gratis and for nothing. :thumbs:

·
Registered
7,453 Posts
I'm not a fan of the lost space on the right hand side of the screen but I'm getting used to it:)

Overall, I like the look and the the tie up with Alfa is a major coup:cool:
I agree on the tie up with Alfa but it's only worth it if they start listening to customer complaints and take notice of technical issues noted on here.

You of all people Simon must be well aware of that..........

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
I agree on the tie up with Alfa but it's only worth it if they start listening to customer complaints and take notice of technical issues noted on here.

You of all people Simon must be well aware of that..........
I sure am, sadly, so let's hope this is a start of a power to the people movement:cool:

Anyway, we detract......

·
Registered
57 Posts
Great site Ian congrats also good having a monthly prize

·
Registered
396 Posts
I have only one complaint.

I don't like the stuff down the right hand sight. I browse on 16:9 widescreen laptop and use one half of the screen for the browser. This new setup reduces too much screen size. Wouldn't be so bad, but most of the stuff down the side is useless and I'd never use it.

Sorry to be negative.

61 - 80 of 87 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.