Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Super Moderator
86,137 Posts

·
Super Moderator
86,137 Posts
Would like to remove the right hand side gunk as well. Can we all do this?
I can't see that happening for anyone for a few reasons ;) though you can "shrink the boxes"

·
Super Moderator
86,137 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
a) I don't have 'UP' arrows in my boxes.
b) That still leaves headers which take up space on the right hand side of the page.

Is it possible to remove them completely?

·
Registered
7,453 Posts
ok but I was hoping we could shrink them from left to right.

Like the look of the new site, tabs at top look good, but I agree the shrinking of the text in the main panel is a bit of a shame - I too have a small laptop.

·
Super Moderator
86,137 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Not missing on my Firefox (latest version).
I don't have them on my version of firefox (3.6) or Internet Explorer.

Is it related to user status?

This is a bit of a moot point as really a minimize from left to right is what some people seem to want.

·
Company Director
164 Posts
The sidebar block 'collapse' feature is an 'extra' that AO Club Members have. It requires 'javascript enabled' within the browser (usually default) and is cookie based (so it remembers if they are collapsed or not).

Staff also have this feature for several reasons but mainly because if there is an issue with any dynamic functionality, they can witness the problem and help resolve it as they have access to the same functions.

The point of these arrow buttons is really to 'group' the most used 'blocks' at the top of the page by minimizing the least used 'blocks'

We have been looking at the possibilty of a 'left, right' collapse function for AO Club Members but we'll have to see how that goes.

I hope this makes things a little clearer.

·
Registered
7,453 Posts
We have been looking at the possibilty of a 'left, right' collapse function for AO Club Members but we'll have to see how that goes
Would certainly like that Mr Jeff as it would be very helpful on a small laptop like mine.

41 - 60 of 87 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.