21 - 40 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
17,798 Posts
I think its great! Well done guys! it looks really up to date, :thumbs:

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
loving it...so easy to use and for my techy phobia brain thats a fab thing:cheese:

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
Great work, Ian and the team. :thumbs:

The forum is much easier to read, navigate and reply to using my Nokia E72, as the wrap text function for existing posts now works properly, and images load faster than before. The new, larger tabs are also a welcome addition, as the previous narrow navigation buttons were even harder to see on a small screen....
I wish it was the same for my E72. Mine won't load the text boxes properly on AO, new or old. Instead it just shows the box as the same colour as the background. It lets me input text, but when it is submitted, it fails to send the text so I get the "you need to input more than 3 characters" message.
The only way I can reply to a thread on AO with my '72 is to use Opera Mini (which I hate BTW) as I am now. :mad:

·
Registered
7,453 Posts
Like the look of the site so far:)

I do hope though that the 'tie-up' with Alfa Romeo (whatever that means) results in a more beneficial 'two-way flow' between members and Alfa Romeo? I hope it's not just a financial benefit to AlfaAowner.com Ltd?

I am thinking specifically of 'technical issues' raised in this Forum, such as the infamous 'hesitancy' issue on the 2.2 JTS engine, and the seizing waterpump problems on the JTD 16v and 20v engines. I gather Squadrone Rosso has attempted to liaise with ARUK about this, to no avail? Similarly I was going to make representations about the JTD waterpump problem to ARUK, but if they're not going to listen, what's the point?

So sure, any communication with ARUK has got to be good, and no doubt any commercial tie-up between AlfaOwner.com Ltd and ARUK Ltd has got to be good for both parties. But please remember Ian there are technical issues on here that exist in the 'Real World' that urgently need to be addressed by the manufacturer's representative (ARUK), and have not been given the attention they deserve so far.

M

·
0 Posts
I like: the tabbed interface - clear and intuitive.
I'm neutral: the tie-in to Alfa Romeo.
I dislike: all the guff on the right hand side - it wastes far too much screen space.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I like: the tabbed interface - clear and intuitive.
I'm neutral: the tie-in to Alfa Romeo.
I dislike: all the guff on the right hand side - it wastes far too much screen space.
I'll second those comments. The right hand side is now quite messy as when you scroll down a thread, you just have wasted blank space. On a lower resolution laptop screen, it makes the threads harder to read.

The rest of it looks good though.

How about making the right hand side pane collapsible?

21 - 40 of 87 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.