Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Administrator
8,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PLEASE NOTE: The site may be slower than normal as we are running maintenance in the back ground

Hi all,

We really hope you like the changes to the AO site and we hope you are able to endorse it? Quite simply we wanted to bring the site features together and we feel we have partly done that using tabs instead of buttons and producing styles that are universal.

We are not just a forum any more and this layout demonstrates this, love it or hate it, we are like a light version of FaceBook but for Alfisti. Of course we understand that change is rarely wanted if given a choice but all we ask is that you give the change a chance before adding any negative comments to the site, you may even grow to like it more? :p

Anyhow with 2010 being Alfa Romeo's centenary year, we have been working on establishing an excellent relationship with Alfa Romeo. The obvious advert and link to Alfa Romeo UK will hopefully help bring extra awareness to our visitors of what is new and available and currently the new MiTo Multiair is featured in Alfa Romeos ad block. In return, Alfa Romeo has agreed to give alfaowner a prize every month for the next 12 months :thumbs:

This month, Alfa Romeo have provided the club with a £500+ Swiss Movement 'Pilot' watch straight from their boutique collection for an AO club competition prize, next month perhaps an I-pod Touch? Who knows... :cool:

So take a look around as there are plenty of minor changes, you will also notice its now so much easier to delete a PM once you have read it and we have also changed the social group search engine as prompted. Small changes such as the small yellow triangle that takes you to the top of a thread has changed, we saw that members wanted it larger to make it easier to click, that’s done also.

We know we are not going to get everything right straight away but we will always try.

Regards,

AO

PS: Good luck with the watch!
PS Again: Classic skin is back!!
www.alfaowner.com/competitions

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,360 Posts
really impressed with the new layout so far. looks much better, well done guys :thumbs:

now get Mr Jeff back in his cage :lol:

·
Super Moderator
86,137 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
I have always enjoyed this forum site for its ease of use and well organized design.
I must say, the new look makes it looks more simple. This means that people, who are not that much into internet and computers or even forums, will find navigating easy.
Well done.
Congrats on the Alfa Romeo connection too. Will this mean that we can expect advice and assistance from them on technical issues??

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
Great new look :cool: and good to see that Alfa Romeo have given their support to the site - I too hope this will lead to some feedback from Alfa on some of the issues new model owners are having.

Keep up the great work except for the layout of the classified section - far too complex ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Great and well laid out new look. Keep up the good work,for all of us who are addicted to the cross and the serpent(my addiction started in 1966,as a teenager,working at the first Alfa Romeo agent in Melbourne,in the spare parts section) Cheers and well done:) Joe

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
Free mr. Jeff

Superb:thumbs: BUT I want to start a formal AO petition to let Mr.Jeff out of Ian's cupboard, he was not looking his best @ Epsom, Ian haven't you heard of Human Rights ?:lol:

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Great work, Ian and the team. :thumbs:

The forum is much easier to read, navigate and reply to using my Nokia E72, as the wrap text function for existing posts now works properly, and images load faster than before. The new, larger tabs are also a welcome addition, as the previous narrow navigation buttons were even harder to see on a small screen.

Also improved for me as a mobile user is the ability to write longer posts in the Quick Reply box, thanks to a wider and deeper text input area (which is excellent for a chap like me, who never writes one word when three will do! :cheese: )

I'll provide a little more feedback on using the "new AO" with Google Chrome and Internet Explorer 8 on a Windows 7 laptop when I get into the office later, but so far, the experience with my Symbian 60-based Nokia browser has been overwhelmingly positive.

This Alfisti certainly appreciates the thought and care that's clearly gone into the site re-vamp. Well done to all involved. :thumbs:

Cheers,

Morgan

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
Looks very good people! Big thanks for hopefully making this site even better :thumbs::cool: Very happy! :D

It's going to be an 'interesting' experiment to see how much influence AR end up having on AO. Lets hope that the nannying, sycophantic side of ARUK marketing department that saw myself and many others kicked off their little happy clappy club for highlighting certain 'issues' with them and their actions doesn't appear on here. :tut:

I have an open mind and welcome them on here ;)

Interesting times ahead...

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Seems much better to me, and I really like the " Recently Read " feature in the top right hand corner of the page. I'm finding that VERY useful indeed.......:)

Nice One A.O. Guys......:thumbs:

N

·
0 Posts
Looks good, but the Flash "adverts" on the RHS make it a lot less work friendly. :(

Edit: Ah, you can close it! :D:D:D :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 87 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.