Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if there is a single arm wiper conversion kit for '96 2.0 ? I'm sure I've seen one advertised somewhere.

·
Banned
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just rang Madeno racing- they have one in stock but have stopped producing them. Cost E305- is that about £187? eek! Don't think I can stetch to that at the minute. Never mind I'll get the standard conversion kit of the alfaowner.com web site.

W

·
0 Posts
I was speaking to a guy who has done this the DIY route. He reckons if you extend one of the links by welding a piece in and then reposition the arm it works ok. Won't solve the problem of extra holes on the plastic trim though.

wrinx

S

·
0 Posts
Hey Steve P, you're talking about the two arm 156 conversion kit are you? There isn't a single wiper kit from Alfaowner is there???
I contacted Bonrath and they said they had no kit for the 155. I went on the Mono Style website and filled out one of their wishlists for us 155 owners but got a totally non-committal reply.
I think the LHD thing would prove a problem. You're likely to have the arm resting right where you want to see out the window. I dunno about the law but I'm guessing leaving it sitting straight up the windsreen a la BTCC would attract unwelcome attention from the five-0.
If anyone has a LHD single wiper fitted on a UK car I'd be interested to hear about it.

·
Banned
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've ordered a single arm kit via The German Car Company- 01702 530440. It is for left hand drive- so I'll let you know how I get on. Bloke said I wouldn't get it until end of the month though. Just wondering about if I'll get it though because he is getting it from Bonrath! :rolleyes:

S

·
0 Posts
Hi excess73,
yep ,its the 156 conversion i was thinking of.
I guess the reason for wanting a single wiper would be purely cosmetic, as from experience with an Uno they don't seem to clear as larger area of the screen. And i wonder what the wiper speed of a single would be, considering the standard two has just about the fastest wipe ever :D

The 156 conversion cures the bonnet bashing,juddering and the blades are easier to replace. :)

S

·
0 Posts
Hi Alfastu,
So you are getting the Bonrath kit, or is it another one from the GCC. I'm sure there was someone else on this forum ordered one through them a while back. Are you able to tell me whether its a universal one, or whether its for a Golf or something that'll fit the 155?
Cheers

·
Banned
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As far as I know the guy at GCC said it was a 155 kit and is from Bonrath. I got the number from that old post on here that you are talking about. As soon as I get it I'll let you know.

S

·
0 Posts
Good one Stu, I found the GCC on the web, couldn't find a wiper kit with the number 1629 but look forward to hearing back from you to see how you got on.
Cheers,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts