Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
It brings me back to selfies...and in particular individual selfies....what are these about?
Is it just narcissism?
Or am I just being nasty ?
Yes
No

I honestly do not understand selfies. Why would I want a photo of me? And why do people always take them looking upwards......neck craned back.....cheeks sucked in....looks bloody daft!

·
Premium Member
45,185 Posts
Yes
No

I honestly do not understand selfies. Why would I want a photo of me? And why do people always take them looking upwards......neck craned back.....cheeks sucked in....looks bloody daft!
Double chin less obvious

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
On a related issue. Report today in the Daily Telegraph says that Millenials have a greatly different view on etiquette than previous generations. 42% would not give up their seat to the elderly or pregnant 28% ignore queue etiquette (but then the continentals have been doing that for generations). However they do think you should not read someone's text over their shoulder or give out someone's news on social media before they do.
Are these changes for the better or worse? Will they feel different when they get older (or pregnant)?

·
Registered
17,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
That’s interesting, Tony. My snap thought to that (and I know it’s not the whole survey and it’s just an initial response), is I see the priorisiting of ‘platform’ over people.

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
Etiquette evolution. As with language it has been changing throughout time and each generation has frowned upon the succeeding generations changes. To me not giving up ones seat to a pregnant woman is terribly selfish. The #metoo generation see it as patronising possibly.

·
Registered
17,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
I won’t do it, but I’ve always wanted to challenge the concept of language changing by going up to a policeman and saying ‘oi! 5***k face!’ to see what the reaction is. :)

I suspect this test will show that language hasn’t changed too much :)

·
Registered
17,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Ooooh, edgy :)

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Etiquette evolution. As with language it has been changing throughout time and each generation has frowned upon the succeeding generations changes. To me not giving up ones seat to a pregnant woman is terribly selfish. The #metoo generation see it as patronising possibly.
I believe in Karma.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts