14,827 Posts
I miss topless motoring. Enjoy the car Paddy O

Reactions: Paddy OPlastic

·
Registered
Saab 240DL Veloce
19,713 Posts
can't beat a new car :)

has it got a spoiler over the screen rail? Also wondered how effective they are.

anyway, enjoy Paddy! :yes:

Reactions: Paddy OPlastic

·
Registered
10,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
has it got a spoiler over the screen rail? Also wondered how effective they are.
It has a stubby deflector over the windscreen, yes. I think I remember from when I scanned the manual it's designed to make the sunroof less buffety and not for when you have the roof retracted.

anyway, enjoy Paddy! :yes:
Thank you. :)

·
Administrator
88,814 Posts
The sun came out today ...
Congrats & well wear, looks nice & clean :thumbs:

Perfect day for a drive, blue skies & not a cloud too be seen here earlier :cool: Not the warmest though.

·
Registered
10,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Congrats & well wear, looks nice & clean :thumbs:

Perfect day for a drive, blue skies & not a cloud too be seen here earlier :cool: Not the warmest though.
Thanks David. We don't get much decent weather down here (what the hell was I thinking of?) but when we do we'll be good and ready. :yes:

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
We don't get weather for cabriolets anywhere north of Cornwall but it shouldn't stop you getting wrapped up and dropping the top:thumbup:

·
Registered
13,757 Posts
Posing or polluting :irked:

Hired one a few years back. Decent enough motor I think :)

·
Registered
10,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Last night my local spanners expert gave it a good looking over (and under) and declared it an absolute effin' bargain with a huge grin after having pressed the loud pedal. Repeatedly, knowing him. There were only two things he found: one of the front left wishbone bushes is looser than the right, and the rear right tyre had some splits on the inside wall. Went to the local tyre centre this evening and found the rear tyres were original and the left was beginning to perish too. Loads of tread too which is strange even though it has only done 50K km. €300 later and a lesson in how to reset the tyre pressure sensors and we're getting there. Bilstein bushes on order for both sides (€17) and I need to get a windscreen chip sorted that I didn't originally notice as I had viewed it in the dark. The folding roof creaks like crazy and I guess that it has never been serviced. I've cleaned all the rubber seals (which were filthy) and I've ordered the correct seal lubricant from Germany.

The lads in the tyre centre were gathered around admiring it. They never do that when I take my beautiful GT in there. :depressed:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts