Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what happened?

Yasmin recently says he wrote it off "I used to own a 1974 Alfa Romeo Montreal, but Simon wrote it off. "

The world of Yasmin Le Bon - Telegraph

Yet looking at Bonhams it sold in July for £31,050.

Lot Details

So what happened, did he wrap it round something and get it fixed, is she being over dramatic or what?

M

·
0 Posts
He's not too hot is he? What with carelessly losing a keel and now this.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Anyone know what happened?
It says what happened at the bottom of the link that you posted :lol:

We are pleased to inform bidders that contary to rumours within the Alfa Romeo fraternity about this car due to its celebrity history it has not been crushed or involved in a fire. The vendor advises "whilst in Yasmin le Bon's ownership she hit the end of her garage wall braking the grill, 1 headlight and 1 eye lid. The car was still driveable and not badly damaged. The car was written off due to no new parts being available at the time to fix the damage. I had the car inspected by Autolign, Northamptonshire for my peace of mind and there is a comprehensive report that states this from Autolign. Chris Slade, the Alfa Romeo Montreal Club Registrar confirm this."

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not really, because Yasmin said he wrote it off! Even so, can anyone fill in the misiing bits....

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Perhaps that's the key to selling cars....any publicity is good publicity ? Le Bon's Monty was up for sale for ages and had been sticking around so really surprised to see it pull in that cash at auction. Perhaps he had it resprayed before sale ? Either way wish I had the cash.....

not the car obviously.....

just the cash.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts