Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....well, what do you think...!?

Quote" From the creators of the Ferrari Enzo-emulating GTX-R comes the K1 Attack, a car that takes styling cues from the Spyker C8 Aileron, Lotus Europa and others. Simbol Design has fitted the Attack with an Alfa Romeo-sourced V6 turbo good for 246 horsepower. Mated to a 5-speed manual, this gives the custom built sports car an apparent 0 to 100 km/h [62 mph] time of 4.9 seconds and a top speed of 265 km/h [165 mph].

The K1 Attack also features a polyester body and a tubular steel chassis. It's not all good news, however. There are... F1 cars with more upmarket interiors and the design is more Chinese knockoff than Italian chic. Pricing of course remains unspecified." Quote

Original Link

Attachments

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looks like a an Ares V6 with a turbo...

**drools** Why did Alfa NOT do this with the Brera, **shakes head**

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Agree, why does Alfa not do something, anything like this?

It has potential but it doesn't ooze Italian style, considering the company is Italian. Smart move to use a Busso, I wonder how many they have?

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
That looks fab. You could argue alfa did the 8c but still alfa are loosing their way atm. Bought time they went back to being a bit more race focused to gives us some better platforms. Don't get me wrong the brera and 159 are beautiful but FAT.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
because car development costs a shed load of money (a large shed before anyone asks) ... and who would be able to afford a car like that, because of course we're all driving around in 8Cs aren't we

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh god, not this bloody thing again.

It's feels like it's been around for ages and has made appearances in kit car shows for around five years IIRC. It has certainly been at the National show at Stoneleigh three or more years ago.

Thing is it always seems to have the same name K1 Attack, although at the same time it seems to have been associated with various other companies. It's of east european origin but not sure where - Czech or one of thos places somewhere around there. Despite having been wheeled out all over the place it never seems to be available to buy. It was touted as a kit car although I'm not sure whether that is the current view. It's changed styling too - the front suspension used to stick out through the front cover if I remember. When I sat in one, it was associated with the VAG 1.8 turbo engine as used in the Octavia vRS and other cars although I seem to remember that it may have been Honda vtec powered too. Both these engines seem to me to be eminently suitable.

Now it turns up with an ancient great lump of an Alfa 12V V6 turbo. What are they thinking, to put such lump in when there are lighter, more modern power plants? Do they really think that the "pretty pretty" eye candy of six inlet pipes is goiing to sell it? I hope people aren't taken in by the pics; soon you'll struggle to get any bits for this engine at all.

It's quite striking to look at but is just plain ugly full frontal - a bit like a bottom-feeding catfish. Still it doesn't matter - I'd be surprised if you can actually buy one. Or maybe you can now?

·
Administrator
46,143 Posts
From Holland now it appears:

K1 Roadster

Looks like that's a bit more up to date than the pictures included in this thread. The interior is a hell of a lot more finished.

Tech info states it's the 3 litre engine, not the 2 litre turbo (which is what I suspected too). There's no pictures I can find of the engine though, so whether it actually is Alfa-sourced, I don't know.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Yes Bazza, it seems to have come on a bit.

There are still the holes on the front cover for the suspension that pokes through - wouldn't pass IVA. The front gape seems less on the all-yellow paint scheme car but others still have the contrasting paint "lips" around the radiator aperture.

The seats look the same as I remember and IIRC were especially designed for this car. Available as domestic chairs at one time I think. Really good they were too.

Engine is a bit of a mystery - the web site you pointed at definitely doesn't show the Busso V6 but the pics in this thread are certainly an Alfa V6 12V of course. In the downloaded brochure here, there's a small shot of three of the inlet pipes - perhaps somebody will recognise the engine they are from.

Seems like production is now serious but then so will the price will be...

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
There was one featured on the back page of EVO a couple or three months ago where the guy had spent an absolute mint building one with a Honda Type R VTEC unit but he had virtually re-engineered the thing -including having his own wheels cast! He was, by his own admission a detail freak, but the Polish(?) kit was apparently shockingly bad when it arrived.

I think he had been offered £94k for his - the finish was uber-pro though and made the pictures above look even more amateur than they appear here.

Personally I think it looks awful.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Actually I was thinking more in reference to the engine...

...and I agree with the fact that of all the engine choices to be had, this would not be one of them for this car!

Yet in saying that, even though this Mill was obviously an older model, it was still an Alfa Mill and the fact that it was turbo charged in the Arese format really made me think that Alfa should have done this to some of the later models, because lets face it, forced induction is the cheapest and easiest way to gain realistic and usable power that in some manner of tunes actually aids in fuel economy say, over N/A modified engines. Although the history has mainly been N/A engines, this is not what I would call suitable for todays market, with only that as an option. I would gladly pay more for an engine that has a factory turbo that IS not an oil burner.

That unit in any Brera with a more modern and updated parts list and what not, would simply be better than the current Aussie mill in both sound and power. Although it would need many updates...but worth it.

Even the Chrysler Pentastar engine sounds exciting in contrast to the Aussie 6pot paper weight. Not only is far more advanced with far better fuel economy numbers than the current Mill, its also has far better numbers with regards to power output and its torque curve. And their plan was for a twin turbo unit as well as N/A units, so this makes me wet with excitement yet obviously Alfa will not do this and funk-it-up with a dressed down model that really has that dual feeling of love and hate.

Or maybe I am just jilted about coming from a twin turbo car to a real POS engine? Is there even a modicum of vision that has any heart beat from Alfa, which is represented in their 5 year plan or further...? I have seen enough to make me want to switch to another brand, permanently and as a life long Alfisti, it just breaks the 'Man-heart' strings for my love of this marque.

·
AO Car Of The Year Winner 2015
3,202 Posts
K1 is built in Slovakia, about 30 km form my home.

current model range | K-1 ENGINEERING

I have seen many versions of this car during the years, they started with Ford V6 or Honda engines many years ago. I quite regularly see one full carbon body and many hundreads PS biturbo K1 prototype during its built but its not public yet. But driveline is done in direct cooperation with racing division of one big car manufacturer.

Alfa engine one is not something that will be the future of this car and I doubt this one was built by factory. More probably somebody put this unit into the supplied body kit without engine. However this car has ambitions in the highest league in the future. I think it could be considered as a competitor for Ascari A10 just faster and carbon built.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts