Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My GTA has the 2003 series GSM phone unit in the glove compartment which takes the SIM card itself in a small adaptor not the later dashboard mounted ones which take the whole credit card size.
This week I had to get a new Pay as You go SIM card.
I'd forgotten that some UK ISPs' SIMCards work OK in Connect Nav and others don't.
I had been using T-Mobile (recognised by the system as One2One for some reason).
This time I bought a Vodafone one and a variety of error messages were seen. Generally I could receive calls but not make any.
When I got another T-Mobile no problem.
Before I found O2 didn't work.

Anyone know which UK ISPs' cards are OK?

Anyone able to explain why some cards don't work and others do?

Andy

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
I had this is in my 2003 156.

All the networks except Orange worked in it, though youre right, it has all the old network names, 02 came up as UK cellnet for instance!

Just be sure that the SIM's are for GSM mnetworks and not 3G or whatever the Orange network protocol is as the head unit isnt dual band.

The head unit is a modified Blaupunkt.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have started a new thread on this topic. See: http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/ice-and-blue-and-me/190100-156-gta-connect-nav-phone.html
I had similar/the same problem. My Vodafone sim worked without a problem. I ordered a duo-sim and received two new sim-cards. Both do no work. The displays stays on the message: Searching network... The strange thing is that it is already connected because when I call my mobile the car phone rings and I can pick the incoming call. After hanging up the displays goes back to "Searching network..." and none of the telephone buttons work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts