Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently aquired one of these. The Alfa Parts CD lists the spoiler but no bolts. I can't find it in the workshop manuals either.

I thought it had a system to allow it to slide forward. How does this work?

In order to fit the spoiler, which bolts do I use?

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking of a staple gun and some sticky backed plastic!!

Someone must have an idea as I want to "cheat" on the motorway, like Alfa did in 1994 in the BTCC!!!!

M

·
0 Posts
My Silverstone has Bolt holes on the underside of the front airdam. My splitter is missing (a new one shouls arrive tommorrow). It looks like you have to unbolt the splitter, remove it, then reposition it, then re-bolt it. Should be able to do that in an 8 second pit stop..easy.

Marlon

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My splitter has holes in it where bolts can go through in various places, but there are no holes in the bumper. I think I need to drill them. Are there any threads, fastenings in your bumper Marlon? I can't see any on the parts CD for the Silverstone, but then again I can't see the bolts they use for this spoiler. I think I might try and fins some quick release type fastenings so I can take it off easy if I see a speed hump!!

R

·
0 Posts
Where did this Silverstone spoiler come from (genuine or pattern part?) and how much was it?

I might have to track one down for the V6.

Ralf S.

A

·
0 Posts
Yeah, and how does it look like?

let's have a digi-pic at the fully extended position so we can all be jealous of you.

M

·
0 Posts
Henry,
self tapping screws are common on these splitters I've been told.

A pic will be shown once I get my splitter and fit it.....don't worry..........

Marlon

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Genuine part chaps for £35!! It was second hand and has red spray on it and a slight crack. I think I will spray it Matt black and extend it out. I'm sure I will catch it on speed humps :(
I don't like the thought of self tappers as my car often sees 130 mph (on a race track naturally wink )
The last thing I want is it to be ripped off by downforce at this speed and go flying under the wheels and out of the back (hence the tank guard!!)

W

·
0 Posts
When I worked in engineering we had a hand tool that put threads in sheet metal (similiar to riveting) so you could then bolt to it. You could fit the threaded part to the underside of the current spoiler and bolt through the splitter. the thread depth was about 10mm so would be plenty strong enough. Can't remember what they were called though :(

wrinx

M

·
0 Posts
Disaster guys.......my new "Silverstone" splitter was delivered this morning. It was broken !!!. I could have fixed the damage and you wouldn't have noticed, but when I checked the splitter against the car.....it was the WRONG PART....Aaaarrghh.
I've been waiting 6-7 weeks for it aswell.
So the pics will be delayed (for 8 weeks probably)

:( :( :( :( :( :(

Marlon

1 - 12 of 12 Posts