Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to some lacquer peel on one of the mirrors ,which i have been unable to fully repair, (and have no intention of paying to have the mirror fully repainted to match) i am giving serious thought to painting either the full mirror unit, or just the mirror cover in a silver to exactly match the wheels. Lets hear your opinons please,

Ive attached a few pics, if anyone can photoshop them, it would also help me decide, cheers :thumbs:

Attachments

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Funny you should say this.....I was thinking this a few days ago, silver mirrors are kinda in! Dont think it will look at that bad to be honest!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
there isn't a seperate bracket and mirror housing arrangement like on the 147/GT.
There is,............ check out the ones you have for sale :D
The intention was to paint the mirror 'hood' in silver, and leave the 'arms' in blue. The car is parked up elsewhere for the night, so i cant get the tinfoil out to check it :lol:

·
Registered
10,889 Posts
There is,............ check out the ones you have for sale :D
The intention was to paint the mirror 'hood' in silver, and leave the 'arms' in blue. The car is parked up elsewhere for the night, so i cant get the tinfoil out to check it :lol:

:cheese:

Paintshop pro or whatever its called now or equivalent.:)

i cant work any of those things.:eek:

Pomeo

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
To be honest bobda, i think the hood cover from yours would look quite cool on the blue arms, but i could get them painted oddesea blue for the same money, which would save the need for silvering. I know what you mean with the other models, as its only the back thats coloured, might be too much on the 166. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
379 Posts
I would have thought chrome mirrors since the 166 has accents of chrome everywhere..
And these can be stick on jobs made to measure...I know they do them for mercs and beemers and other lesser cars................:lol:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Not sure silver mirrors on a blue car would be to my taste - If it's the driver's side I have a spare blue mirror (complete with dodgey temp sensor and loose mirror glass but the cover can be swapped over - yours for the postage.

Puntodan who I got my replacement from (thanks :thumbs:) may still have the passenger side?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its only the drivers one which has gone, so i would be interested if its oddessea blue and has no lacquer peeling. Would keep it original :)

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I saw a Chrysler 300C yesterday with siver mirrors & it was a dark blue, even on a muscle car it didn't look right. I advise not to do it - different but wrong

·
Registered
26 Posts
Its only the drivers one which has gone, so i would be interested if its oddessea blue and has no lacquer peeling. Would keep it original :)

Yes it's Odissia Blue, lacquer intact although has a slight scuff but not noticable unless close up -If you want it PM me your address & I'll send it.

Ross

1 - 14 of 14 Posts