Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Some time back one of our members tried to get some made but it did not happen for a variety of reasons. The problem is universal I think. With mine I stripped the silver stuff off and plasi coated it.

·
Registered
229 Posts
There is actually a part number for just the silver part without having to buy the whole fob - but with the key attached - assuming you have to order it based on your VIN number for the key to work - and not cheap at around 200 euro!
(although the pricing on the online ePER I use is normally completely wrong)

Part number: 71741223 (no. 9 in pic)

Attachments

·
Registered
787 Posts
It's either 200 Euros or Plastikote it I'm afraid. Your best bet is to get a case to keep in nice in whilst not in use. Remember to prime it first, then plastikote it otherwise it won't stick and will just rub off.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Yeah definitely, just need to get the schematics / dimensions. I'd be up for buying.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have access to a 3D printer so could prototype one if someone knows how to create the schematics

·
Registered
787 Posts
Go for it mate, sure you'd get alot of interest for future ebay ventures. I think you'd have to 3D scan it, then work it out from there.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We might be able to crowdsource a solution here.
If there are any designers amongst you, www.tinkercad.com provides a free online tool to create the schematic.
We might even be able to improve the design since the shape could be almost anything.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Sounds cool with new designs, but I think if you stick with the tried and tested first, once mastered go for different looks.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I pulled the remaining silver layer of and painted it silver, and looks pretty good.
I also tried the chrome based paint, but it was already dull/nasty after few days of usage.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts