Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Followed south today about 1.00pm by a silver 166. Lost sight of you between Sheldwich and Leaveland. Interested to know of local 166 owners as I have only seen about 4 actually being driven in the past 4 years since I have owned mine. Anyone own up to this one?

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
It could be the same one I saw about three weeks ago on the A28 roundabout from Castle street in Canterbury. A very nice looking Silver 2.0 with a couple in their 30's at a guess. I can't remember if it was a facelift or not - got a feeling it may have been an 03 plate- in which case not.

I saw a W reg dark blue 166 coming into Canterbury from Ashford on the A28 in morning rush hour about 6 months ago.

Then a Minerva green 166 followed me out from Bridge village coming onto the A2 Canterbury bypass last May.
Apart from that - the only other one around Canterbury I've seen is mine!

aggy8888 - was any of them you??

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
W reg Super in Ontario blue highlighted by minor dents and a front bumper regularly used to close gates etc. That could well have been me on a visit to my Saviour, Mobitech.

The silver 166 that I spotted was not a facelift, about all I saw was the plate in the middle - being driven very quietly and carefully so it must have been a twinspark!

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
W reg Super in Ontario blue highlighted by minor dents and a front bumper regularly used to close gates etc. That could well have been me on a visit to my Saviour, Mobitech.

The silver 166 that I spotted was not a facelift, about all I saw was the plate in the middle - being driven very quietly and carefully so it must have been a twinspark!
Well it probably was you I saw aggy - you wouldn't have seen me cos I was driving my work van. Shame we couldn't get paid for driving the 166 around all day eh!

I've got a feeling that the Silver one I saw in Canterbury was an 04 Facelift. Definately a 2.0 though as I let him onto the roundabout and followed him - wow what a good looking car!!

Mine is (hopefully temporarily) broken at the moment :cry:. I had a guy re-chip and remap the ecu. Problem is - now the immobiliser won't recognise the key...doh! So much for making the 3.0 go faster - now it won't go at all.....that'll learn me.. shouldn't have been so greedy....

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
A wave of sorts from North Wales to you there in Kent. I'm from Ashford by birth back in the days when it was a market and railway town.
Nice one Richard. Good to hear from any Kent lads far and wide.
Well Ashford has the Eurostar/High speed rail link....which when the rail link was first planned was supposed to turn Ashford into "Cashford".
Not sure if they do much with the rolling stock there now at the old railway works.
Then it still has a market with various agricultural and car auctions....so it still has a few things going for it....though a mate of mine who lives there refers to the town as "Trashford"
....and he lives in Kennington not on the Stanhope Estate!

·
Registered
279 Posts
I've got a 3 litre Silver 166 but it rarely strays out of North West Kent - Orpington area.
It is mainly driven by my wife to travel to her job in Biggin Hill or to her mothers in North London.
As ever I will put in a shout for you to come to one of our AROC meets so we can see you. It's probably closer to you than me - Wrotham that is - where we meet at the Bull.
Doug

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Followed south today about 1.00pm by a silver 166. Lost sight of you between Sheldwich and Leaveland. Interested to know of local 166 owners as I have only seen about 4 actually being driven in the past 4 years since I have owned mine. Anyone own up to this one?
Well what a grand sight! A pre-facelift 03 plate Silver 166 driving quite sedately up the New Dover Road out of Canterbury today at about 1pm. Could have been the same one aggy.

I gave the driver a wave and a thumbs up...well it is always a fillip to see a 166 on the road.
The one I saw on the A28 roundabout I'm certain was a facelift.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Ive seen one on this route as well, I travel it daily for work. Wave if you ever see me in a 156 silver SW or a gtv cup. :)

·
Registered
315 Posts
Ha - Ok James. we have a Y reg silver SW 2.4 JTD - so snap! Like the 166 -a bit heavy on front tyres...apart from that, what a fab car!
Awesome I will have to look out for it, do you live in Faversham? (I'm in Teynham).

Yeah my 156 is a 2.4 jtd too! Its got a remap so I think tyres will be required sometime soon :cheese:

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Awesome I will have to look out for it, do you live in Faversham? (I'm in Teynham).

Yeah my 156 is a 2.4 jtd too! Its got a remap so I think tyres will be required sometime soon :cheese:
I live in Wincheap.
Our remapped 2.4 JTD seems as quick as the 3.0 166 - amazing how those turbo diesels can be tuned up!

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
A young guy in a dark blue or black 52 or 53 reg 166 pulling out from the petrol station (probably a 3.0 then) on Broad Oak Road.

Also this one for sale 0 miles from my Canterbury postcode. Not good photos for a £3500 advert mind!
Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 V6 24V Super 4dr

Just got back from Switzerland....saw a couple of other 166's there....mine drove faultlessly....if a bit more pricey than 1 Easyjet seat to Zurich!

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Oh and I happened to pop into Mobitech last week.....they have finished at St Johns Yard. Mick is relocating to Aylesham and Ian to Dunkirk (Old A2 at top of Boughton Hill) (near Faversham - not France!).....

·
Registered
8,919 Posts
Oh and I happened to pop into Mobitech last week.....they have finished at St Johns Yard. Mick is relocating to Aylesham and Ian to Dunkirk (Old A2 at top of Boughton Hill) (near Faversham - not France!).....
What!!??

Not working together anymore?

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
What!!??

Not working together anymore?
That is what Mick said.....their lease was up for renewal and they thought it was time to do new things....

Oh - a friend of mine sent me a picture message this evening of what looks like a azzuro nuvola 166 outside Tesco in Faversham....and it wasn't mine!

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
That is what Mick said.....their lease was up for renewal and they thought it was time to do new things....

Oh - a friend of mine sent me a picture message this evening of what looks like a azzuro nuvola 166 outside Tesco in Faversham....and it wasn't mine!
actually it was a silver facelift 2.0....reg GJ05 so local to Kent...

·
Registered
1,377 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Saw a dark blue 166, pulling out of a road just round the corner from me this morning in Ashford. A neighbour perhaps?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.