Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Silly remark on the Display

1K views 9 replies 1 participant last post by  Ivo 
#1 ·
The "multifunctional display" behind the steering wheel doesn't seem to display any special RDS characters:
on the Blaupunkt radio display you can see < > ? ' and other characters in RDS messages, on the dash the don't show.

:confused: Isn't this weird?

Anyway, just a topic filler wink

#3 ·
Simon:

The display behind the steering wheel normally shows the RDS messages of your radio, right ? Like "BBC 1 Radio".

But if the RDS id is something like "<FLITS>" (on of the radiostations in Holland warns for speed traps with this message in the RDS), the Radio display shows "<FLITS>", but the multidisplay shows only " FLITS ".

Seems that the characters do not work or ?

Like I said: silly remark, I admid . :)

G
#8 ·
I think it's agreat and very handy service!!! We even can get it sms-ed to your mobile phone if you want! certain websites keep very accurate track of them. Dutch don't like having pictures taken of them ;-)

#10 ·
Simons,

Well they aren't in Holland (what is wink ?). But government is talking about it...
In Belgium & Germany they are illegal also (Belgium I know for sure)

But there are special GPS systems that can show the fixed cameras also, and they can not be made illegal :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.