Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The "multifunctional display" behind the steering wheel doesn't seem to display any special RDS characters:
on the Blaupunkt radio display you can see < > ? ' and other characters in RDS messages, on the dash the don't show.

:confused: Isn't this weird?

Anyway, just a topic filler wink

·
Registered
7,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Simon:

The display behind the steering wheel normally shows the RDS messages of your radio, right ? Like "BBC 1 Radio".

But if the RDS id is something like "<FLITS>" (on of the radiostations in Holland warns for speed traps with this message in the RDS), the Radio display shows "<FLITS>", but the multidisplay shows only " FLITS ".

Seems that the characters do not work or ?

Like I said: silly remark, I admid . :)

N

·
0 Posts
Do you think we could pick up the radar detecting station in the UK for UK speed traps? Doesn't seem to be this system on BBC Radio 2!

·
Registered
7,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
duh! :)

It just gives you the motorway numbers and the location details were the police are with there radar. But hey, it's a nice free RDS service, isn't it?

N

·
0 Posts
I think it's agreat and very handy service!!! We even can get it sms-ed to your mobile phone if you want! certain websites keep very accurate track of them. Dutch don't like having pictures taken of them ;-)

N

·
0 Posts
Are radar detectors illegal all over the continent? They aren't in the UK, at least not yet, but I heard in France that they are.

·
Registered
7,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Simons,

Well they aren't in Holland (what is wink ?). But government is talking about it...
In Belgium & Germany they are illegal also (Belgium I know for sure)

But there are special GPS systems that can show the fixed cameras also, and they can not be made illegal :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts