Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this question will make the more mechanically minded and engine savvy amongst you laugh your heads off - but here goes anyway.

Had Alfatune DPF removal and remap a few weeks ago - wow, what a difference!

Since the weather has turned colder I am consistently getting the glow plug warning when starting the car.

As I still have a few weeks warranty left, I am going back to the main stealer to have the glow plugs checked and replaced if necessary (I'm assured all covered by my 'premier' warranty).

My worry is that they will do something when they plug the car in that will wipe out my remap.

Am I being daft or am I right to be concerned?

Cheers for your help.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Is it a glow plug warning or is it just a light to tell you the glow plugs are coming into use and are on?
Have you looked in the user manual?
If it's doing it now it's cold it could just be normal. Does the light go off after a few seconds or after you start it?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is it a glow plug warning or is it just a light to tell you the glow plugs are coming into use and are on?
Have you looked in the user manual?
If it's doing it now it's cold it could just be normal. Does the light go off after a few seconds or after you start it?
Its the 'glow plugs unavailable' warning. I got this intermittently last winter but when checked was told that all GPs were working. The fact that I now get this on every start up says to me that at least one GP - or the relay - has failed.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I had this and they just changed the offending glow plug under warranty... Depends who your dealer is in what else they may do. Any concerns just talk to Gus.

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Just ask them please not to flash update the ECU (they have no reason to do so in this case) as the last time it was done it caused a problem.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
What's AlfaTune's policy on this? The remaps I've had before (on non-Alfas) offered free facility to have the map put back on if it ever got overwritten with a standard map. This did happen to me and E-Maps put the remap back on again free of charge.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts