Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone removed one before...got any tips how to do it without breaking the clips?

From what I can work out they slide off...is this right? Cheers.

wrinx

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
I think but i aint sure the clips slide into the slots on the sill cover before you fit it to the car

And i also think that they are just normal body trim clips and should pull out with the cover or break like they always do :rolleyes:

And i think if they break i will have to buy some new ones :rolleyes:

And i think after all this thinking my heads starting to hurt so i,m gonna stop

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There was a thread about this a while ago. I think someone said you just gave them a good pull
to get them off.

I think excess73 was the author

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't just pull them off, you will break them. Make sure you've undone all of the screws (underneath aswell), that the ends are away from the arches, and then slide them towards the front of the car. They will be 'stuck' due to all of the mud and shite that's collected between the sills and covers...

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You´ll probably have to buy a set of new clips. These plastic parts don´t like to be removed and assembled for more than one time but are not expensive. Begin with the left one for trying - I´ve still got one in store! :D

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
just removed mine to waxoil my sills as id crushed the jacking points eek! the white clips do just pull away from the body (towards you) they are slid into slots on back of sill cover but not all the same way so you cant slide the whole thing off , as mentioned earlier remove the screws from underneath first but i found it easyier unclipping from the front section and make your way to the rear one by one i never broke one clip :D

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just took one of mine off at the weekend, just the same as Fletch. Used a steel ruler to get either side of the plastic clips, didnt break one of them :D

Did find about 5lb of crud under there tho! Anyone thinking of lightening their car should look there first wink

wrinx

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ive just taken mine off yesterday and the front splitter ready for spraying hopefully should get them sprayed up before sunday ready for stanford hall :D
i didnt break a clip either! came off quite easy actualy....discovered some of the under seal had come off near the front of each sill and was starting to go rusty so i rubbed it all down and put some more underseal on while ive got the skirts off.
i just hope i dont scrape the splitter when its done and crack all the paint off frown

1 - 10 of 10 Posts